Is There is recent CRAZE about Sho-Bud's

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Nick Reed

Is There is recent CRAZE about Sho-Bud's

Post by Nick Reed »

Here lately it seems there's been a re-newed & SUPERCHARGED interest in Sho-Buds. I think this is great that so many of you feel this way. On my recent trip to Florida I saw several Bud's still knockin doors down by players like Don Sulesky & Ernie Cawby.
Bobbe Seymour and I have discussed this subject many times. I'd really like to see Gretch or whoever eventually owns the name to set up a Nashville production plant for Sho-Bud. I'd also like to see Bobbe oversee the operation of it. I know orders would be placed from all over the World if these guitars could be had with a resonable time frame. Bobbe is one man who knows Sho-Bud Guitars, how they should sound & be assembled.
Image Image
It would be great if these most Beautiful Steel Guitars that have ever built were again at the top in the Steel industry. Sho-Bud belongs here in Nashville where it started back it the late '50's. I'm proud to say, I've owned this '78 Pro-1 for past 19 years. Nick

Image <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Nick Reed on 23 March 2005 at 08:41 PM.]</p></FONT>
Farris Currie

Post by Farris Currie »

nick, don't rub it in man, looks like a pc of junk to me....hahahhahahhah
Buddy Blackmon

Post by Buddy Blackmon »

I am in orgasmic love with my '73 ShotBuddy!

I've owned Emmons P/Ps, but I still love the sound of the Sho~Bud.
Charley Adair

Post by Charley Adair »

I have a Pro I. How can you tell the year?
Charley

------------------
Sho-Bud PRO-I, 4&5
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Nick, A die hard Emmons guy like you owning a Bud??? . Shame on you!!.. I think you need to give that away right quick!... I volunteer!! Image.. Actually ,You are correct,, Buds are hot right now...which is reflected in thier skyrocketing prices!

I just made a deal on one!.. by the way, there's a guy selling an Emmons S-10 Blackrock,3+4 He emailed me.. if you are interested, email me and I'll give you his address. I think the price is right!.... bob
Nick Reed

Post by Nick Reed »

Thanks Bob, but I'm Guitar Poor now! Got 5 and that's plenty. NR
Eric West

Post by Eric West »

Funny, I'm thinking all those "other non- Sho~Bud guitars" were a "craze"..

Looks like I might have been right..

EJL
Nick Reed

Post by Nick Reed »

Here's Don Sulesky's newly restored Super Pro, ain't she a Beaut!

Image <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Nick Reed on 24 March 2005 at 07:13 PM.]</p></FONT>
Al Udeen

Post by Al Udeen »

Nick! In regards to that pic of the Red Sho-Bud above! :A picture is worth a thousand steels: au
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

Nick, that guitar looks a lot like my '78, red and all (except that mine has a special paler color to it from sitting in a south-facing window of a music store for ten years before I got it). The more other great (and otherwise) instruments I play the more I love the one that I already have.

Charlie -- I'm no expert but there is a lot of info here on the forum about identifying your 'Bud, do a search and you will quickly find the help you ask for.
Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

Don forgot to wear his ShoBud shirt Image
Leon Eneboe

Post by Leon Eneboe »

I think one of the classic trademark, signatures of a ShoBud, is the attractive inlay work on the apron of most ShoBuds. I had a very nice (no dings and bright color) ShoBud LDG. A friend wanted to learn PSG, and to help him acquire a good guitar, I sold him my ShoBud LDG. Well...in about five minutes after he left with my LDG under his arm, the price went about double on them and it seems many people have suddenly found a revived respect for ShoBuds. So...maybe the rest of you who have a nice ShoBud, better keep it even if you don't play it anymore. That was my situation. I was playing only my new Williams Sl2 and maybe that is because it has more pulls and plays better in my opinion. Anyway...I agree with the thought that has been projected, that it would be nice if ShoBuds were again being built. They are undisputable beautiful. I know I had two of them at one time.

Leon
Charley Adair

Post by Charley Adair »

Thanks Dave, I'll get my numbers and see what I can find.
Charley

------------------
Sho-Bud PRO-I, 4&5