Flynn Help.

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Golf2steel

Flynn Help.

Post by Golf2steel »

Anyone out there that can give me some information on the Flynn guitar. Such as who made them, how many were made, still being made, how good ect. I'm trying to sell one for a friend and I only saw it one time.Any info would really help.
Thanks in advance,
Harley
Roger Kelly

Post by Roger Kelly »

Fred Layman used to own Flynn Guitars but it looks like he sold out last year.
He could tell you about Flynn Steel Guitars.
Fred Layman
posted 09 August 2004 09:33 PM profile send email edit
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chuck bought the Russler and Flynn inventory from me, but what he is building has little resemblance to either guitar, except for the patented Flynn changer and the pedals. He has modernized the appearance of the guitar, gone to an all wood body, added quick change bellcranks and square cross rods on the professional models and reduced the size and weight in comparison to the predecessors. He is building a quality pedal steel and is selling them as fast as he can build them while maintaining quality control. He is a great player himself, having spent 20 years on the road playing pedal steel. He plans to have a booth at the Lexington show on November 5-6 and will be on the program.
Jerry Clardy

Post by Jerry Clardy »

Harley - Chuck Back's contact information is on the Desert Rose Guitars website: http://www.desertroseguitars.com/