75 Fender Twin Reverb

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dale Foreman

75 Fender Twin Reverb

Post by Dale Foreman »

I have recently acquired a 75 Twin Reverb with factory JBL's and it sounds great so I contacted Rick Johnson for him to build split cabinets to lighten the load if I ever decide to gig with it. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this and what was the end result?
Dale
Rittenberry Prestige(2)
Paul Arntson

Post by Paul Arntson »

Dale - You can't go wrong with Rick's cabinets. He does great work!!
Excel D10 8&4, Supro 8, Regal resonator, Peavey Powerslide, homemade lap 12(a work in progress)
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Rick has built several different cabinets for me, you can't go wrong with Rick.
And a Twin Reverb with JBLs really could use split cabinets. I have one and besides wheels under it, I put lift handles on the sides. :whoa:
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

I had Rick build me a head cabinet for my Nashville 400. Awesome work. I wanted to get a matching cabinet, but have some heavy medical costs right now (Thanks Medi-doesn't really-Care). I will eventually get a cabinet to match.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Dale Foreman

Cabs

Post by Dale Foreman »

I'm even entertaining the idea of adding a 15 inch cabinet with the Telonics speaker! Thanks to everyone for your feedback!
Rittenberry Prestige(2)
Mike Bowles

75 twin

Post by Mike Bowles »

rick made me a head cab for my 75 twin with jbls he did a great job i kept my speaker cab original. made a lot of difference in the weight.
Mike Bowles
Jody Cameron

Post by Jody Cameron »

I have a 78 Twin head with a seperate 15" cab with the newer Fender spkr in it, and I love it. I go straight to the amp, use the great Fender reverb in the amp. Best amp I've ever used, especially for vintage tone. Coupled with my 78 push pull, it's hard to beat for classic steel tone, IMHO. Mine is the 135 watt version.
robert kramer

Post by robert kramer »

Rick built me a 15" cab and it's perfect. Next for me is 12" cab for max portability.
Bill L. Wilson

I Built Mine Myself.

Post by Bill L. Wilson »

They're not as nice as Rick's, but they look good 10ft. away and they serve the purpose. Rick is a real craftsmen, I'm just a hack, with the cabs glued and screwed together, no way in my shop to do finger or dovetail joints.
Patrick Rusert

Post by Patrick Rusert »

Rick built me a sweet combo cab for my '74 Twin with a removeable baffle for a 15" Altec. Sounds fantastic, and the wood is significantly lighter than the original cab. Awesome guy to deal with too.