eBay Listing - Dekley D-10

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jon Steel

eBay Listing - Dekley D-10

Post by Jon Steel »

Dekley D-10 currently losted on eBay (this is NOT my guitar). Expires in 4 days.

Any opinions on what this 23 year old PSG is worth? It is currently bid up to $620.00. Did/does Dekley make good guitars?

Dekley D-10

what is this PSG worth?
Joe Alterio

Post by Joe Alterio »

I'd say at least double what it's at right now.

I had a U-12 with 5/4 and both found and sold it for under $1,000.....when I sold it, it was gone in less than a couple of days, so I probably had it underpriced at $950. That was a few years ago.

Excellent guitar, too. I wish I still had it. Mechanically sound, very easy to work on....you'd think it was a guitar built this year, not 25 years ago. Really.

I am curious about the pickups on the eBay guitar. They are definitely not the stock Dekley pickups, which I rather liked.

Joe<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Joe Alterio on 09 December 2004 at 10:52 AM.]</p></FONT>
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

It's one of the newer SlimLine models and looks to be in pretty good shape, in spite of the home made "enhancements". Image It could stand some new Formica on the body skirts and pedal bar, which isn't too big of a job. The only extra hole I see is where he screwed a snap behind the C6 changer. It wouldn't hurt to leave that as it is.

At 8&7, I'd say it's worth at least $1200. If you put another $200-300 to have someone redo the Formica, you'll have an as-new guitar. Image

------------------
Jim Smith jimsmith94@comcast.net
-=Dekley D-12 10&12=-
-=Fessenden D-12 9&9=-
-=Emmons D-12 push pull 9&9=-
Stereo Steel rig w/Boss GX-700
IVL SteelRider w/JV-1080

Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Jon--maybe you've lurked on the forum long enough to know this, maybe not---Jim is being humble in not mentioning that he knows what he's talking about here. He ran the production of these guitars and I believe he designed or co-designed this slim-line edition. But the real truth will be whatever he says next to correct my "facts". I know I'm in the ballpark but I'm not sure of the specifics.
Joe Alterio

Post by Joe Alterio »

Yes....Jim Smith is to Dekley information what Mike Brown is to Peavey information!!!

Lefty

Post by Lefty »

John,
I have a Dekley D-10 (lefty). It is very high quality. Heavey, but very stable.
I love mine. I paid 1200.00 for mine plus shipping.
Lefty
Dekley D-10
Sho-Bud LDG
Ray Minich

Post by Ray Minich »

Have two Dekleys. Student & Pro Model. Both Heavy, but don't walk across the floor much. Easy to work on, kinda like a Model A Ford.

That D-10 does look very attractive though, real familiar undercarriage. Lots 'o parts. Noticed the "helper" springs and foam rubber. Wonder what made them necessary, the extra KL's?
David Higginbotham

Post by David Higginbotham »

You will find that the Dekley guitars are well made and have a nice warm sound to them. I did not care for the stock pickups and added humbuckers on mine. They are heavy as most guitars were of this era. And, adding to what the others have mentioned, Jim is definitely the man with the absolute knowledge of Dekley.
Dave

------------------
'74 MSA D-10 8&4, Sierra Artist D-10 8&4, Peavey Nashville 112

Gabriel Aaron Wynne

Post by Gabriel Aaron Wynne »

1 hour 15 mins left.
Jon Kemppainen

Post by Jon Kemppainen »

it went for ~$1001. Not bad!