Sweet Dreams, by Duane Marrs

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

John A. Russell

Sweet Dreams, by Duane Marrs

Post by John A. Russell »

When I was at the 2010 Dallas Show. I bought a CD called,
"The Show Pros". (www.showprosteelguitars.com) There are tracks on it by Mike Johnson, Lloyd Green, Tommy White and many others. The last track, "Sweet Dreams" was played by Duane Marrs. I listened to it many times and decided to make a tablature of his great performance. If anyone would like a copy, I will send it to you, if you email a request to jrussellacms@aol.com.
If anyone can give me tips on a way to make backing tracks on Apple Logic Pro, I will try and do backing tracks, for all the tablature I have done.
Thanks to all for your encouragement. JR
Franklin S10, Telonics X10 pup, Telonics Volume Pedal, Telonics 500 Combo Amp, with Mike Johnson Tone, BJS Bar. Vox AC15C2, Fender Stratocaster, Music Man Albert Lee. Brent Mason Nashville Telecaster. Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Amplifier.Cali76 Studio Compressor, Boss DM3 Delay. Hall & Collens Signature Echo unit.
Bill Thomin

Post by Bill Thomin »

Excellent tab John.
John A. Russell

Responce

Thank you all who have requested the Tab.
The responce was almost immediate, after I posted it.
It is very interesting to receive requests. I get to know steelers and where they live, what they do for a living and how long they have played. I am going to try and learn to use Apple Logic Pro, so that I can record backing track for the tabs. It's so much more pleasing to play along to a track. Even better if you can play with a band!.
8) JR
Franklin S10, Telonics X10 pup, Telonics Volume Pedal, Telonics 500 Combo Amp, with Mike Johnson Tone, BJS Bar. Vox AC15C2, Fender Stratocaster, Music Man Albert Lee. Brent Mason Nashville Telecaster. Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Amplifier.Cali76 Studio Compressor, Boss DM3 Delay. Hall & Collens Signature Echo unit.
Alan Bidmade

Post by Alan Bidmade »

Another great tab from John!

These are a joy to receive - always accurate, easy to read.

Backing tracks would be fantastic!! Thanks John.

Nick
Ben-Rom #017 'Lorelei', Guild D25, Epiphone 'Joe Pass', Roland 40XL, Hilton VP

First name Alan, but known as Nick
Bill McKillop

Daunne Marrs Sweet Dreams

Post by Bill McKillop »

Thanks to John for his wonderful Tab for Duanne Marr's version of Sweet Dreams. It's great that he has put in the time and effort to write out the Tab for this beautiful rendition of a beautiful song. While I'm at it, thanks to all of you dedicated guys on the Forum for the time and thoughtfulness you take in writing out Tab.
Jerry Maranville

Post by Jerry Maranville »

Just received the tab for Sweet Dreams which John has tabbed out. I would encourage anyone who wants to play this song to get a copy. Even if you already play a version, this may give you some ideas of other things to add. Jerry
John Sluszny

Post by John Sluszny »

Sorry John,I can't find any tracks on the showpro site. :(
Thanks !
Mark Greenway

Post by Mark Greenway »

What a great Forum Friend we have in John Russell. Thanks for sending me a copy. I'm always appreciative of your kindness and good work.
Joe Glavey

Post by Joe Glavey »

Received my tabs today. They are excellent and I highly recommend requesting them from John.
Gary Cooper

Sweet Dreams

Post by Gary Cooper »

My friend Jon Russell is a true gentleman, wonderful player, and has impressive knowledge of musical theory as it relates to the pedal steel. His tabs are always A++++. Thanks John.
GFI Ultra SD-10; Nashville 112; Hilton pedal, George L Cables; Pearse bar; Live Stings;Walker seat by Billy Knowles.
Norman Potts

Post by Norman Potts »

I found John's post on the forum last night. Sweet dreams is one of my favourites.
I e-mailed John for a copy and received a reply within the hour.
Great response John, much appreciated.
Now all I have to do is learn to play it ---
Desert Rose DRS10; Fender Strat 50th Anniversary; Fender Strat (mexico); Gresch G6122 Country Gentleman; Vox AC 30 Amp.
Haway Man ye canna dee that. Why not?
John A. Russell

Show Pros

Hey All

I have had lots of folks ask about where they can get a copy of Duane Marrs, playing this track. I did show where to get it at the top of this post, but for those who missed it, you can get it from "The Show Pros". (www.showprosteelguitars.com) All the other tracks are excellent too!

JR
Larry Evenson

Post by Larry Evenson »

I requested a copy of John's tab for "Sweet Dreams." In less than three minutes, it was in my in-box. This tab is very well done, easy to read and very playable. Thank you Mr. Russell and to all the forum members who are so willing to share their knowledge of the steel guitar.
Mike Terry

Post by Mike Terry »

Thanks John ! Great tab. " The Show Pros " CD is one of my favorite CD'S to listen to. You did a really good job on the tab. Thanks again !
Ray Lamoureux

Sweet Dreams

Post by Ray Lamoureux »

THANKS for the tab,Sweet Dreams
Ray Lamoureux,Hartford,NY GFI 10st.,on double frame,& aTT-112 amp ..
Gale Huey

Sweat dreams

Post by Gale Huey »

HOLLO John,
I would like to have a copy of your tab for Sweat Dreams. I hope to see you at the 2017 Jamberee in Dalles and I'll be happy to buy you a pint.
Thank you for your time a new help,
Gale Huey
Mullin SD 10, 4 & 5
John A. Russell

Gale

Gale

I did send you a PM. I need and email address to send the tab to you.

Kind Regards

JR
Bob Guichard

Sweet Dreams

Post by Bob Guichard »

John, thanks so much for the tab. It is easy to understand and can be a quick learn. I don't have any advice on the Apple Logic Pro but I will look forward to your success with the tracks.
Thanks again, Bob
gary pierce

Post by gary pierce »

John, thanks again for the Sweet Dreams tab.
Ron Funk

Post by Ron Funk »

John-
thanks for sharing
Ron
Bob Guichard

sweet dreams

Post by Bob Guichard »

Is there an MP3 of the tune available. It helps to hear it played to supplement the tab.
Thanks
Rondall Jones

Post by Rondall Jones »

Thanks for taking time to send the tab Mr Russell. It is very well done.
Fessenden SD-10
Fender Cyber Deluxe
Fender 1978 Telecaster Custom
Gale Huey

Sweet Dreams tab

Post by Gale Huey »

John, received the Sweet Dreams tab and it is great.
Thank you again for your time and help.
Gale Huey
Randy Carlan

Post by Randy Carlan »

John,This is one of my favorite steel guitar instrumentals. I would love to get a copy of it.
Thanks For Your Generosity of Sharing :roll:
John A. Russell

The Show Pros C.D.

Bob

See top of the thread, my very first entry. It tells you where to buy the Tune,

Kind Regards

J.R.