New Rittenberry!

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jim Hollingsworth

New Rittenberry!

Post by Jim Hollingsworth »

As I mentioned last week, I got my new Rittenberry SD - 10 last week.
And it is a thing of wonder. 5 pedals & 5 knees , Wallace True Tone pickup with coil tap and lightweight legs. Best of all - this things SINGS! I did the ole Buddy Emmons approved test & held the legs as I strummed the open strings - it vibrates like crazy! The whole guitar vibrates as a unit. It has the same lively punchy feel as both of my push/pulls and is lighter and (obviously) easier to maintain. He used an new high gloss maple mica that looks like real lacquered wood.

I cannot say enough good about the Prestige model … it surpasses every guitar I have owned or played. Now I have to BEG Gary to get a shop helper so he can make me another D-10. Gary…. if your ear this PLEASE SAY YES & agree to make me a D-10!!!!

Thanks for another great guitar.

Jim
mtulbert

Post by mtulbert »

Great looking guitar. I have it's big brother and he makes a great guitar for sure.

Enjoy.

Mark

Mark T

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Beautiful work Gary!!
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Gary is one of the best in the business. Great person too!
Steve Dodson

Rittenberry Guitars

Post by Steve Dodson »

You can not go wrong with a Rittenberry guitar. If you have questions Gary is always there and more than willing to answer them. Gary is first class all the way,as a builder and a person. Great looking guitar Jim. I know she plays and sounds the best.
Carl Williams

Post by Carl Williams »

That's a fine looking steel Jim...congrats and I'll just bet you''ve found new inspiration in woodshedding and playing! Thanks for posting it for us to enjoy as well...Carl
Chris Grigsby

Post by Chris Grigsby »

Beautiful guitar, love that color combo. Congrats!
Mullen Discovery S10, Hilton VP, Kemper Profiler Head and Kabinet.
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

That's lovely!

I'm happy to be able to say that I'm now officially on the list for a new SD-10 Prestige! I had a long chat with Gary yesterday and, although it's going to take a while, I'm in the queue.

It will be my first brand-new guitar since my Emmons D-10 back in 2000. The wait will be difficult.... :)
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Jim Hollingsworth

But it will be worth it!!! I've previously owned two Le Grande's and now own two very nice push pulls ... and this guitar has the punch & visceral feel of a push pull but without the quirks and a sweet sweet sound.

If Gary ever starts to build D-10's again I am the first in line. And sad to say my p/p's will stay in the case most of the time......

Jim
Jim Hollingsworth

I took the new guitar out on it's first BIG gig...
We opened for Thompson Square last night. The guitar sounded AMAZING .... punchy & clear. It played in perfect tune despite the really hot weather. I LOVE THIS GUITAR!!!

Jim
Dale Foreman

Post by Dale Foreman »

Jim Hollingsworth wrote:I took the new guitar out on it's first BIG gig...
We opened for Thompson Square last night. The guitar sounded AMAZING .... punchy & clear. It played in perfect tune despite the really hot weather. I LOVE THIS GUITAR!!!

Jim

Interesting, I see you have 5 floors and I can't tell how many knee levers? Would you share your copedent?
Dale
Rittenberry Prestige(2)
Tom Gorr

Post by Tom Gorr »

Please be kind to those of us with a predisposition to GAS.

:lol:
Scott McRee

Absolutely stunning

Post by Scott McRee »

Ridiculous how perfect these pedal steel guitars are. Absolutely gorgeous and sounds even better. Magnificent work Gary
Dale Foreman

Re: New Rittenberry!

Post by Dale Foreman »

Jim Hollingsworth wrote:As I mentioned last week, I got my new Rittenberry SD - 10 last week.
And it is a thing of wonder. 5 pedals & 5 knees , Wallace True Tone pickup with coil tap and lightweight legs. Best of all - this things SINGS! I did the ole Buddy Emmons approved test & held the legs as I strummed the open strings - it vibrates like crazy! The whole guitar vibrates as a unit. It has the same lively punchy feel as both of my push/pulls and is lighter and (obviously) easier to maintain. He used an new high gloss maple mica that looks like real lacquered wood.

I cannot say enough good about the Prestige model … it surpasses every guitar I have owned or played. Now I have to BEG Gary to get a shop helper so he can make me another D-10. Gary…. if your ear this PLEASE SAY YES & agree to make me a D-10!!!!

Thanks for another great guitar.

Jim
Rest assured, Gary reads these
post's!!
Rittenberry Prestige(2)
Dan Klotz

Post by Dan Klotz »

Nice!![/code]
2- Rittenberry D10's
Quilter Steelaire. Nashville 400. Session 500
Dan Klotz

Post by Dan Klotz »

Nice!![/code]
2- Rittenberry D10's
Quilter Steelaire. Nashville 400. Session 500
Douglas Bone

Post by Douglas Bone »

Yes Gary does good work. Haven't tried holding its legs didn't want to get to fresh!!
D10 Sho-Bud,D10 Mullen Pre RP, Session 500, N12