Gretsch 5420 W/TVj pickups $650-sold another forum pending

Guitars, fiddles, banjos, keyboards, clarinets, bagpipes, etc.
Larry Lenhart

Gretsch 5420 W/TVj pickups $650-sold another forum pending

Post by Larry Lenhart »

I purchased this guitar in June of this year and have rarely played it, so it is Like New condition. The original pickups come with the guitar if you want them...I had them replaced with the TV Jones Classic in both the neck and bridge position. This is an Electromatic model but does not state that on the head stock and it has thumb inlays on the neck. I put two decals from Setzer signs on this guitar: the G brand on the lower bout and the Chet Atkins signpost on the pick guard. I had it professionally set up. This guitar looks, plays and sounds great, I just need to sell it to finance other purchases :) You would not be disappointed at all in this guitar. I have a hard shell case for this guitar, but it is not a Gretsch case. If you dont want the case, I would knock off $50 and you can buy a Gretsch case on line for it. I will ship only to lower48 with buyer paying actual shipping costs and will accept pay pal if you pay the fees. More pictures on request. I have about $900 into this guitar, so its a sweet deal for someone looking for this type of guitar. I think Gretsch is bridging the gap between their Electromatic and their Pro line. Thanks for looking. BTW not interested in a trade...i need the cash.
Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 23 Aug 2016 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zum Encore, Pedalmaster D10, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, 1976 Ibanez, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, Boss Kamatra 100, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Brad Howerton

Post by Brad Howerton »

which tv jones pups are in it? classics?
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Brad, yes they are the Classics in both the neck and bridge position. Sorry, I should have stated that.
Thanks
Zum Encore, Pedalmaster D10, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, 1976 Ibanez, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, Boss Kamatra 100, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp