VINTAGE DOBRO FOR SALE- 1938-39 Regal Dobro

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Josh Dubin

VINTAGE DOBRO FOR SALE- 1938-39 Regal Dobro

Post by Josh Dubin »

What we have here is a square neck original wood body Dobro that was assembled by Regal in the late 1930's. There's a lot of speculation of which model this actually is, but with Serial#364 and its component characteristics it was definitely made in Chicago by Regal. I've owned it for 30 years.

CONDITION: It certainly has some surface wear as a 75+ year old instrument but is structurally sound and no cracks or major dings. There is a small section of binding missing from the back (see picture).
Original resonator was worn and tinny, it was replaced with a new cone and spider and professionally set up by the late Gene Wooten. Neck is straight and rock solid to the body. No cracks in headstock.
Original tuners still engage smoothly and hold tuning.
Has an end-pin jack installed that you can run a pickup or mike out from the body.
Comes with well fitted Hard Shell Case. Some road wear but still very solid.

SOUND: Classic warm, older Dobro sound. Not a "barker" like an old Cyclops, but a beautiful mellow, balanced sound. Records awesomely. Lloyd Green played a very similar model and year Dobro and to my ear this instrument sounds a lot like the tone he got on record. If you are seriously interested, I can provide you with a .wav file of a recording done with this Dobro.

PRICE: $899.
I've included a fair amount of pictures. Happy to provide more detail or answer any questions.
Will ship for actual costs to your destination in lower 48.
Thanks for checking it out...