Any Pedal Steelers in Quebec area?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Iain Sloan

Any Pedal Steelers in Quebec area?

Post by Iain Sloan »

Hi. I'm Iain and I come from Edinburgh Scotland and play pedal steel (Dekley D-12) and guitar with a couple of bands.

I'm coming over to Canada in May 2016 and one of my bands (Abel Ganz - a prog-rock band) are playing at the Terra Incognita festival in Quebec City

Although I play electric and acoustic for most of the set, pedal steel is absolutely essential for 3 or 4 other songs in our 90-minute set.

Due to the weight of the Dekley D-12, I simply cannot afford to ship it over for one show.

Does anyone on this forum know of ANY pedal steel guitarists in the Quebec area who'd be willing to lend or hire me a guitar with an E9 neck for the weekend.

A further complication is that my Dekley E9 neck is set up Jimmy Day stylee (not Emmons). I don't expect to find anyone who owns a Day set-up and who is willing to hire me a guitar for the weekend. But, if I can set up some kind of loan/hire and know the co-pedent of the instrument I'll be using at the Gettysburg show, I know enough steelies in Scotland who could lend me something that I can practise on for a few weeks over here before flying to Quebec.

I know this is a long shot, but I'm at a loss otherwise.

Alternatively, do any of you know of any Hire Companies who hire out pedal steels in that area?

Thanks for any support or guidance you can offer me.

Iain
Al Brisco

Pedal Steel Rental in Quebec

Post by Al Brisco »

Hi Iain,

If you e-mail me directly I will give you some potential steelers in Quebec who may be able to assist you.
steelcan@steelguitarcanada.com

My store is a 6½ hour drive (670 Km) from Quebec City....too bad as I could certainly assist you.

Thanks to Bob Blair from Edmonton for referring this request.
Good Luck,
Al Brisco
Steel Guitars of Canada
Al Brisco
http://www.steelguitarcanada.com
Serving Steelers with Experience, Expertise, & Selection Since 1979