Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Ray DeVoe

1969 Emmons - decided to keep the guitar- please close

Post by Ray DeVoe »

Bob - please close

Decided to keep this one.

Thanks
Ray DeVoe

This is a very hard decision for me but I have decided to slowly sell off a couple of my D 10 PP's due to ongoing health issues. The first one being offered for sale is a 1969 D 10 with 8 pedals and 4 knees which has the following history.

I bought the guitar in 2000. The guitar was an incredible sounding and playing guitar but the body was in poor shape. All of the parts were still like new. I ended up taking the guitar over to retired Emmons employee, Charlie Ward in NC. Charlie had just retired from Emmons and he had 3 brand new Emmons PP bodies on the shelf for future projects. I had Charlie completely rebuild the guitar into a new body. The changer shafts were replaced and any items needing replacing were installed. Charlie performed a terrific rebuild and setup job on this guitar. The guitar has been "babied" ever since and someone is about to get an incredible steel. I am just posting one picture at this time and more will be posted after I take them. E9th neck is standard Emmons setup with E's on the left knee. Guitar has cast pedals, long chromed knee levers and chrome fret boards. The E 9th neck currently has a BL 710 pickup installed but I can change it back to the original pickup if preferred. The guitar is currently 1" over standard height which can also easily be changed back to standard. Case for the guitar is in good condition and is about 9.5 cosmetically.

The serial number of the guitar is 1328 D

* One other thing to note. The Emmons badge was just put on with double sided tape. The body was never drilled for the badge which means that a decal could be put on this guitar.

This guitar is a steal at $3650 plus shipping.

Ray D
Last edited by Ray DeVoe on 30 Mar 2016 8:35 am, edited 6 times in total.
Zum SD 10 Hybrid, Zum D 10 Hybrid, Emmons SD 10 P.P.
SMS: Revelation & Classic Preamps: Furlong 12" & 15" Splits.
Telonics 500 C: Quilter-T.T.12": Fender T.M. Twin
Ray Uhl

Emmons

Post by Ray Uhl »

PM sent.
Ray DeVoe

answer to replies

Post by Ray DeVoe »

Hi Ray

You were first to reply. I have sent you an email back as requested.

Mark: You were second in line to reply. I thank you for your offer of a trade but I really need to thin out some of my equipment due to a health issue that I have to deal with. I can no longer justify owning all of these guitars.

Thanks
Ray DeVoe
Kevin Rickert

emmons

Post by Kevin Rickert »

Ray, hope all is O.K.? Is that my old guitar? Ray's equipment is top notch and someone is getting a great sounding Guitar!
Ray DeVoe

Post by Ray DeVoe »

Hi Kevin

Good hearing from you.

Yes, that is your old guitar and its finer now than when it was brand new. You recommended Charlie Ward for the rebuild as he had some bodies in and he did it "right". It's a shame he passed away. He was a great guy. I met up with Charlie a couple of times later over at PeeWees house just outside of Nashville. They were good friends and Charlie would invite me to meet up with them and pick a little.

I know that you were always able to make this guitar sound terrific when you had it:) You are a good player.

I made the mistake of setting the guitar up and playing it this morning and it brought back to mind why I stated that I would never sell this one.

I'm truly thinking of taking it off the market and selling one of my other ones instead.

Are you still in Nashville and playing some ? Drop me an email and let's catch up.

Have a good Easter holiday
Ray D
Rich Upright

Post by Rich Upright »

I'd like to come and play the guitar if possible. I am an Impulse buyer and you never know. I am right up the road from you just off County Line Road between Spring Hill and Hudson.
A couple D-10s,some vintage guitars & amps, & lotsa junk in the gig bag.
Ray DeVoe

Hi Rich

Post by Ray DeVoe »

Hi Rich

I am currently out of area on a short business related trip.

As stated in my earlier reply, I am probably going to pull the listing on this guitar and sell one of my other ones instead when I have time to list the item.

Thanks
Ray DeVoe