Volume Pedal for Peavey Nashville 112

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Roger Robinson

Volume Pedal for Peavey Nashville 112

Post by Roger Robinson »

Can anyone recommend any volume pedals to try with a Peavey Nashville 112? I have a Dunlop Volume (X) that works great with a Peavey Session 500 and a Fender Champion 100. My Hudson 6-string E9 sounds great through the 112 without the pedal, but this pedal really cuts the body out of the steel sound on the 112.
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

Have you tried it without the loop, putting it in front of the amp? You might have issues with the loop rather than the pedal.
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
John Cadeau

Volume Pedal for Nashville 112

Post by John Cadeau »

I use a Hilton volume pedal, and I use a Nashville 112. The Hilton pedal is by far the best I've ever used. The sound is great, and you don't have to worry about the pot wearing out because it doesn't have a pot. It uses a laser scanner to adjust the volume.
Roger Robinson

Volume Pedal for Nashville 112

Post by Roger Robinson »

Lane, I changed the cable configuration using the pre-EQ patch connections and that gave a much better sound. I just picked up the 112 today without a manual, so I'm just figuring out the features. I found the manual online and figured out what you were referring to. Thanks for the help.

John, I'll look into the Hilton pedal. I'm not familiar with that one. Thanks.
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

I don't believe in the loops. Steel to effects to volume pedal to amp.
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

You may want to check the specs on the volume pedal. Dunlop pedals were intended for six string players and yours may be equipped with a 250K pot, a change to a 500K pot may make the pedal more steel friendly.
Lyle Clary

Post by Lyle Clary »

I am using the Stage One pot pedal offered by Doug Ernest of Zum Encore fame plugged in to my Nashville 112. I use no effects and I feel I get the true sound out this combination including my ZumEncore S10 with the humbucker pickup also offered by Doug.
2006 Zum D10 8x8,1969 ZB Custom D10,
10 3x4 Peavey Nashville 112 Peavey LTD 400 2014 Zum Encore Wood Grain 4x5 Stage One pot pedal