Frank Hardcastle

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Rod Bailey

Frank Hardcastle

Post by Rod Bailey »

I Would like to ask if anyone has a phone number for Frank Hardcastle, and if so , would you please send it to me. You can call me at area code( 406 ) 350-1918 . My brother ( Tim Bailey ) worked the road years ago and Frank worked with him for quite some time. I also got to work a couple dates with them in the late 1970's . My brother asked me If I might be able to check this out on the forum to find out for him as he would like to call and visit with his ol' friend . Thanks for your time and any information about Frank would be really nice . Thanks again. Rod Bailey .
Gary Walker

Post by Gary Walker »

I had heard Frank passed away several years ago. He was quite a player that could do the Chet Atkins finger picking that supposedly really impressed Chet.
Mitch Drumm

Post by Mitch Drumm »

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... e96f6ad56b

Posted 27 Aug 2015 2:26 pm

"I know this is an old thread but if it's the same Frank Hardcastle. he's married to my aunt and living in Rogers, Arkansas. She's in her 90's but real sharp - I talked to her today and she mentioned that Frank had sold his equipment recently because there was not much work anymore. She married him after my uncle died in the 80's and they lived around Rogers then moved to Texas for a few years but went back to Arkansas in the last year or so."

27 Aug 2015 3:22 pm

"Just got off the phone talking to Frank for about a half hour - he is, indeed the same Frank Hardcastle. I sent him the link to this page. Very nice man - I enjoyed talking to him and we'll stay in touch."
Gary Walker

Post by Gary Walker »

I stand updated, great news.
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

Frank subbed for me at "The Little O' Oprey" when I had surgery and he sorta caused me problems (not really) with his midi setup. When I came back many people asked me why I couldn't make my guitar sound like a piano, horns etc. My first night back I played Dobro and he played steel and he did a great job using the DD3 on "Ghost Riders". I have never been able to do it like he did with those on the beat rapid repeat notes. He is a fine player. I had lost track of him for years but about a year ago he called me and I went to see him in Rogers and left having purchased his Emmons SKH D10 and Lab 9 amp. He said he had not played in about 15 years.
"Daddy Frank" is quite a guy. I really enjoyed visiting with him again. Lots of history there!
Jerry