Peterson VS-II tuner

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jeff Sconyers

Peterson VS-II tuner

Post by Jeff Sconyers »

What is the reviews on this thing? I tune my E's and tune the remainder of the guitar by ear. However, when there is alot of noise thist is aggravating to accomplish. Is the Peterson VS-II the best route to take to solve this problem? It is preset for the E9th and C6th tuning chart wriiten by Jeff Newman.
Ken Frazier

Post by Ken Frazier »

Jeff,
I bought a Peterson VS-II from Chuck Campbell who is a forum member. It solved my tuning problems. The one thing that I especially like about the Peterson, if you don't like the presets for e9 or c6 then you can build your own. It is extremely easy to use.
Hope this helps.
Ken Frazier
Jeff Sconyers

Post by Jeff Sconyers »

I was getting the fill for this thing from the forum members. I purchased one last week and when I tune my emmons p/p it is not in tune to the ear. It really puts my E to F# raise on the 4th string out when played with the 5th string raised to C#. Any suggestions. I guess I need to adjust the tuner to my guitar.
Gary Carriger

Post by Gary Carriger »

I bought one about 5- 6 weeks ago - and like it. However, I couldn't use the presets for E9th/C6th. I tuned my guitar to my ear in the quiet of my music room - and programmed the tuner. Works fine after that - and it wasn't that hard to do.
If you want more details, email me.
Gary
Jeff Sconyers

Post by Jeff Sconyers »

Thanks Gary. I will pull the manual out tonight and give it a try. I may have to email you if I run into any problems. Thanks for the reply.
Rusty Danmyer

Post by Rusty Danmyer »

i've had the peterson vsII for a few months now and it's the best tuner i've ever used. i also had to program my tuning into the user preset but it wasn't a major undertaking. make sure y'all check out their website for info as well as a forum. http://www.petersontuners.com/index.cfm
Larry Robbins

Post by Larry Robbins »

Just got myself the VSII as well.
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
The pre-sets didn't work for me either
but Ill'put in my own.But what a nice
piece of Equipment.My steel never sounded so sweet.Even seems to have a bit more sustain after being put in tune so closely.
C Dixon

Post by C Dixon »

I thought all a tuner was for is to get the E's in tune, then tune everything else by ear.

carl
Eric West

Post by Eric West »

...I turned to ask him another "tuning question" but by that time, the old man with his "panhead limp" had gotten off the bus....

EJL<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Eric West on 06 March 2004 at 11:33 AM.]</p></FONT>
b0b

Post by b0b »

Moved to 'electronics' section