Jazz Room will be on this year's Convention

Archived for historical reference

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Bryce Velasco

Jim Stahlhut

Jazz Room will be on this year's Convention

Post by Jim Stahlhut »

Mike worked hard and got us a space for the Jazz Room, The pavilion I believe. It will be I think Saturday early evening. I will let you Know as find out the details! It will happen!!
Jim Stahlhut

Good News

Post by Jim Stahlhut »

Bob Deboo (acoustic bass) and Kyle Honeycutt (drums) will be the rhythm section. Like they do every year. I'm so glad to them again. They are the best. Of course I'll be playing guitar.
Last edited by Jim Stahlhut on 22 May 2015 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wade

jazz room

Post by Paul Wade »

great news :D
Jim Stahlhut

Times

Post by Jim Stahlhut »

I am moving ahead with setting up the Jazz Room. The time is 3 pm to 5:30 pm Saturday afternoon. I'll post the players once that's all settled.
Don Lanier

Jazz

Post by Don Lanier »

Im glad to see this happening and Im going to let some players I know who love Jazz about it, I know a great bassist if you might need one, I wish Id get to hear more of it, and would like to see more of it on the main stage
Jim Stahlhut

Players

Post by Jim Stahlhut »

I've got 2 confirmed players. They are Doug Jernigan and Dave Easley, two incredible jazz players. I'm waiting for a final confirmation on Buck Reid. We are waiting to see if he can do the main stage. So I have one or two spots to fill but a great start with Doug and Dave.
Jim Stahlhut

Post by Jim Stahlhut »

Looks like Buck Reid will be in the Jazz Room this year. The last time he played the Jazz Room he was incredible. I'm sure he will be again. Looks like it'll be a great show with Doug Jernigan, Buck Reid, and Dave Easley. One more player to go. Don't forget Bob DeBoo on acoustic bass, Kyle Honeycutt on drums and me on guitar.

We will be naming it in the honor of my old buddy Maurice Anderson.
Jim Stahlhut

Schedule

Post by Jim Stahlhut »

Here is the schedule for the ISGC Convention:

"Maurice Anderson Jazz Room"
Saturday September 5th, 2015

3:00 to 3:30 pm Doug Jernigan
3:40 to 4:10 pm Dave Easley
4:20 to 4:50 pm Buck Reid
5:00 to 5:30 pm Hal Merrill

It's going to be great. Don't miss it!

Jim
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

What a great lineup, Jim! I'm especially excited to get to hear Hal Merrill for the first time. I have a few of his CDs which are great and heard some of his YouTubes. Haven't heard anyone else tackle Bill Evans on pedal steel! Check him out on YouTube and head down to St Louis for this year's Jazz Room!
Don Lanier

Jazz

Post by Don Lanier »

I hope I can step away from the main room and give a listen, sounds like a great lineup and all great players....
Jim Stahlhut

Jazz Room Line up

Post by Jim Stahlhut »

I have the schedule for this year's Jazz Room. I think this is going to be a great year with 4 fantastic steel players.
Thanks to Jim Cohen for his suggestion of Hal Merrill. He's someone I wasn't aware of but he's one great jazzer for sure.
The Rhythm section will be the same as usual: Bob DeBoo on acoustic bass, Kyle Honeycutt on the drums, and me on guitar.
Here's the schedule for Sept 5th at the ISGC:

3:00 pm to 3:30 pm Doug Jernigan
3:40 pm to 4:10 pm Dave Easley
4:20 pm to 4:50 pm Buck Reid
5:00 pm to 5:30 pm Hal Merrill

See You There!
Jim Stahlhut

Oops!

Post by Jim Stahlhut »

I put the schedule up twice sorry about that. Here's some more specifics. The room is actually the tent. The hotel calls it the “Pavilion”. It is to the left of the main ball room.
Also I forgot to thank Scotty, Mary, Mike, Sandy and the rest of the Scott family for all that they do. Without them there would be no Convention.
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

Shucks Jim, you're about to make me want to come back this year. I'm sure it'll be a goodun'.
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.
Jim Stahlhut

Room Change

Post by Jim Stahlhut »

The Jazz Room has been moved. Instead of the Pavilion it will be in Salon #5, what was going to be the Rustler Room.