Goodrich pedal issue...

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Gianni Gori

Goodrich pedal issue...

Post by Gianni Gori »

I assume it's not that easy to give suggestions on such an issue without seeing, but I'm trying to ask as well! :D

Since a few monts ago my low profile Goodrich volume pedal lost its smooth travel...
In the middle it gets stiffer, then it becomes smooth again towards the end.
It had a quite new Dunlop pot inside. Thinking (and hoping) the pot was the cause, I replaced it with another Dunlop but this didn't solve the problem at all.

The string is not new, but has no marks of wear and it seems to be workign correctly.

I tried lubing the nylon axle; tighting and losening the set screw. While moving the pedal by hand I can feel a point of friction but I can't tell where it comes from...

Although it's my spare pedal, I'd like to get it back working.

Any suggestions?
Any of you had (and solved) a similar issue?
Last edited by Gianni Gori on 11 May 2015 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gianni

Zum D-10 9x8, MSA S-10 4x5, Quilter Steelaire combo, Peavey Nashville 112 (w/Ken Fox mod & Jensen Neo), Hilton volume pedals, Sarno Tonic Preamp, Lexicon MPX-1
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

Is the string trying to fold over itself?
That's my first thought.
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
Glenn Demichele

Post by Glenn Demichele »

I've seen this happen with mine for one of two reasons: 1) the string is a little too tight - give it a bit more slack. Or 2). The bushing that goes over the pot shaft is rubbing against the pot body. Loosen the set screw, move it away from the pot by a tiny amount (10 mils) so it doesn't rub, and re tighten the screw. Your problem sounds like #2
Franklin D10 8&5, Excel D10 8&5, homemade buffer/overdrive, Moyo pedal, GT-001 effects, 2x BAM200 for stereo. 2x GW8003 8" driver in homemade closed-box. Also NV400 etc. etc...
Gianni Gori

Post by Gianni Gori »

Will try and let you know, thanks! :)
Gianni

Zum D-10 9x8, MSA S-10 4x5, Quilter Steelaire combo, Peavey Nashville 112 (w/Ken Fox mod & Jensen Neo), Hilton volume pedals, Sarno Tonic Preamp, Lexicon MPX-1
Gianni Gori

Post by Gianni Gori »

it was Glenn's "reason #2".
Fixed! :D
Thanks a lot
Gianni