William Litaker's broadcasts/workshops

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dylan Keating

William Litaker's broadcasts/workshops

Post by Dylan Keating »

Just wanted to give a quick shout out to William Litaker and his Saturday afternoon (morning for me here on the Prairies!) broadcast. They are definitely a total steel at only $5 a week. You can tell William is very passionate about teaching and always shows a ton of interesting new licks, intros, and musical ideas. The technique stuff is musical so it isn't just a mechanical drill each time, but something you can use in your playing. We also did a Skype lesson and he helped me correct some bad technique habits I had unwittingly developed. I've emailed him questions and he always gives me good advice, like to buy a nice Sho~Bud Pro I that was for sale locally in Calgary (but maybe it wasn't such good advice for my bank account :wink: ) Anyway, thanks again William! See you guys tomorrow for the workshop and Saturday for the broadcast.
"Steel a little and they throw you in jail, Steel a lot and they make you King."
Joey Andrews

Congrats

Post by Joey Andrews »

Dylan, Congrats on the new ax. This is what William is all about, passionate about teaching Steel guitar and doing it a bargain prices.
EMMONS / ZUM / DERBY / EMCI / MARLEN / MARRS
Joe Rouse

Saturdays Lessons

Post by Joe Rouse »

I really look forward to Saturdays lessons from William. More and more information and more challenges to apply on the psg. Never looking for a song to learn since I started with William and the lessons are only 5.00 per week...Thanks William, and BTW, The Other Woman is a great song to learn...jr
Richard Keller

Post by Richard Keller »

William is a great teacher, and what a sense of humor. Just listening to him is worth $5 a week. The new exercises are challenging for me, helps me stretch. If you are stuck in a rut learning, try it out!
Lee Barber

Post by Lee Barber »

I would hope if you haven't checked this or do so,. Try it for a week or even a month. You really should try a month to see how it goes. $20.00
Fessenden, Emmons PP D10
Joey Andrews

Agree

Post by Joey Andrews »

Lee, I could not agree more. If you are serious about learning to be a better player, these broadcasts/workshops will help you. For 4 broadcasts over 4 hours of instruction for 20 bucks. That's a bargain for material that could be used with any band! JA
George Buechley

Post by George Buechley »

Did you check out tomorrow's techniques? Cool!

George

;-)
Pre WWII Dobro, Sho~Bud Pro II Custom, Peavey Session 115, GFI Expo, Roland Cube XL80, Lil Izzy
Daniel Policarpo

Post by Daniel Policarpo »

I did, George...that and the intro look pretty dang interesting. Two pages of Sing Me Back Home second verse. :wink:
Li'l Izzy for Guvner
Richard Keller

Post by Richard Keller »

The swing intro in this weeks lesson is really challenging, especially at full speed. William makes it look easy. even at the slower speed it will take some practice for me to get it.
That is one of the reasons I like Williams Saturday lessons, they are always stretching my abilities, always learning some new.
Love the sound of his Emmons.
John Booth

Post by John Booth »

I really enjoyed Will's show this Saturday. He teaches a heck of a lot for $5 don't he?
Jb in Ohio
GFI S10 Ultra, Telecaster, a Hound Dog, and an Annoyed Wife
Kenneth Caine

Post by Kenneth Caine »

This weeks broadcast was 'killer'
Joey Andrews

Post by Joey Andrews »

Its the total package. Fun to watch and a whole lot of exercises and techniques discussed to make you a better player for 5 Bucks. What a bargain!!!
Daniel Policarpo

Post by Daniel Policarpo »

Kenneth Caine wrote:This weeks broadcast was 'killer'
:lol: Totally killer.
He's opened a door there, I do believe.

Richard, that Intro is one of the funnest things to play. Makes me want to be a Texas Playboy, almost...I think I'll stick with being a Boot-blocking Okie.
Li'l Izzy for Guvner