Value of Sho-Bud?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ryan Dalton

Value of Sho-Bud?

Post by Ryan Dalton »

Hey all,

I'm very new to the pedal steel world and I was wondering what you would estimate the value of this PSG that I bought at.

I actually learned about the forum from Mr. Michael Yahl and he gave me some information on it (Thanks Michael!). If I remember correctly, he said it was made somewhere around the 2nd week of February, 1978. It is a Sho-Bud Pro III Custom and came from the factory with two necks, 4 levers, and I can't remember how many pedals. This guitar has since been kind of stripped down. It now has 1 neck, 3 levers, and 3 pedals.

I'm kind of thinking about getting rid of it and buying something else at the moment. I love the character this guitar has but I'd honestly love for someone to have it that has a little more knowledge and can take better care of it. At the same time, I kind of want to hang onto it. Problems that pop up and whatnot would be a good learning experience to better know how to work on a pedal steel if problems do occur.

Estimated worth? Advice?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Fred Layman

Sho-Bud

Post by Fred Layman »

Welcome! You already have one of the best steels. Go with it and be happy!
Paul Wade

shobud pro 111

Post by Paul Wade »

just my looking at it it was made into a SD-10
looks pretty good i would say $1800.00 to $2000.00
just my opinon .

p.w
Ryan Dalton

Post by Ryan Dalton »

I appreciate the input! She really is a pretty guitar and I love the character it's got. I need to get a fourth lever on her.

Another few questions if anyone could answer for me...

One of the nylon pieces you use to tune LKL with had busted through and the threads were showing, leaving me unable to tune it. I robbed one off of my RKR since I have yet to use it but I need to order some. Where is the best place to do this?

Where can I get the hardware to mount another knee lever?

If I were to get a RKL lever and mount it, how do I determine which slot to run the rod through underneath the bridge?

One last question. The LKL lever is sliding up and down the rod and gets away from the stop. It looks like there is a hole where you thread in a small screw or something to hold it in position where it's at. If this is correct, does anyone have any clue what type of screw it SHOULD have?

Thank you all. I really appreciate it. This forum is such an amazing resource. I'd be lost without you guys.
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

Contact Forumite James Morehead. Best parts, and he'll talk you through the install.
Michael Yahl

Post by Michael Yahl »

Ryan, I should have most of the parts you may need in stock.

Check the website. Often the pictures can help determine what you may need.

www.psgparts.com
"Don't fergit to kiss yer horse!"
'72 Sho-Bud Professional D10, (in pieces .....), '78 MSA Classic XL D10, '74 MSA Classic D12, Fender 2000
Peavey Session 500 BW, Crate Digital Modeling Amp

PSG PARTS
http://www.psgparts.com/