Our Thanks to the Entire Scott Family!

Archived for historical reference

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Bryce Velasco

Jim Cohen

Our Thanks to the Entire Scott Family!

Post by Jim Cohen »

I want to say a huge THANKS to Scotty, Mary, their kids and their grandkids, spouses and friends who all pulled together to create another fantastic steel guitar convention this year. Moving something like this, after so many years at one venue, entails looking after so many details and making them all come out right. And, with perseverance and dedication, they did it! Thanks to you all for 43 years of total dedication to this great event!
Last edited by Jim Cohen on 4 Sep 2014 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walter Stettner

Post by Walter Stettner »

I'll second that. Thanks for your post, Jim! :)

Kind Regards, Walter
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Hello? Anyone else out there??
Bob Watson

Post by Bob Watson »

I had a great time at the Steel Convention this year. I like the new venue, the sound was great and the hotel staff were friendly. Jim, I agree, Scotty and his family and friends did a great job making the transition to the new venue a success. I'm looking forward to next year, and the year after that, and the year after that etc. etc....
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Last edited by Jim Cohen on 7 Sep 2014 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Blair

Post by Bob Blair »

I said thanks on Michael's post Jimbeaux, but I will add my vote of thanks here as well. I enjoyed the event immensely, and as you pointed out the amount of work in making something like that happen, particularly in a new venue, is huge. I'm looking forward to next year.
Charley Hill

Post by Charley Hill »

Many Thanks to all that made this a very memorable experience---again.

Jim, you hit the nail on the head. If it were not for the SCOTT family and their labor of love for the instrument, the rest of us wouldn't have had this event to come to for the last several years.

Thanks!

Charley
Traveler, Peddler and Extreme life lover. Giving up is not an option.
David Hubenak

Post by David Hubenak »

Jim,

I totally agree with you, and others in extending a huge THANK YOU to the Scott family for undertaking a project like the ISGC, and having to move it to another albeit better location IMO. A job well done, and looking forward to 2015. OH! and BTW Jim, thanks for sending the "Finally Here" tracks so promptly. Simply awesome stuff. Now I have to compliment those tracks with my playing as well as you do, and that won't be easy! Enjoyed the visit in St. Louie.
D-10 Mullen RP Telonics TCA-500a Combo Amp, Peavy Nashville 400s, 1000, session 400 limited, Nashville 112, Telonics VP, DD3
George Rout

Post by George Rout »

Well, I'm just getting back from an extended trip after the great convention. It was my first of the 43 years!!!! I was totally impressed, and meeting and spending some leisurely time with Johnny and Rosemary Farina was just one of the highlights. I've always been a fan of the Sleepwalk style. Meeting Billy Robinson, Lynn Owlsley, Alan Akaka and so many great players was fantastic. A little late because I've been away, but I wish to sincerely thank Scotty and all the family and partners for making such a great event. I enjoyed it all from stem to stern!!!!! Thanks again.

George Rout
St. Catharines, ON
http://georgerout.com

"I play in the A Major tuning. It's fun to learn and so easy to play. It's as old as the hills....like me"