Hawaiian Music, Luau and event schedule for ISGC

Archived for historical reference

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Bryce Velasco

Ted Smouse

Hawaiian Music, Luau and event schedule for ISGC

Post by Ted Smouse »

Greetings to the Scott family,

Thanks for everything you're doing to produce this year's International Steel Guitar Convention! I'm very happy that some great Hawaiian music will part of the schedule, including Alan Akaka.

Can you please provide info, including performance times, for any Hawaiian music aside of Alan's performance on the Friday night main stage; Alan's seminar (including time and cost), and the Hawaiian Luau that I've been hearing about ....but know no details about. At the Millennium there was the Hawaiian room in recent years, ...will this continue at the Marriott location?

Thanks,

Ted Smouse
Ted Smouse

Post by Ted Smouse »

OK, I just took a look at Scotty's page:

http://www.scottysmusic.com/isgc2014.htm

Seminar at 9:00 am Friday, Aug. 29. Cost not listed

Luau listed as 6:30 - 7:30 pm in the Pavilion, just east of the Ballroom on Fri. Aug. 29. Who's bringing the Kalua Pork? Mai Tais?

Still wondering about a non-pedal or Hawaiian room.

Thanks,

Ted
Sandra Scott-Wall

Post by Sandra Scott-Wall »

The seminar by Alan Akaka is $50.00. The hotel is providing the food for the Luau and we don't have a cost yet. There is not a room available in the new hotel for dedicated Hawaiian, Jazz or Gospel. The Hawaiian and Jazz have been incorporated into the main show. The Jazz Show is around noon on Saturday and the Hawaiian show is the Friday Night SteelRadio Showcase starting around 11:00 pm. Alan Akaka also has a solo spot on Saturday afternoon.