Is Paul Warnik still a member?

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Dave Bader

Post by Dave Bader »

I'm wondering what ever happened to the Bigsby style Guit-Steel his partner was working on for Junior Brown. Was it ever completed and are there any pictures of it?
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

Brad’s Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars
Todd Clinesmith

Post by Todd Clinesmith »

Paul is still a member as Brad shared, but I do not think he has access to a computer . I know he is in the middle of moving as well.
If I remember the story correctly, the blade pickup did not work well for the guitar to Jr.'s ears. Then putting a Fender style pickup in the guitar did not balance well with the Bigsby Blade pup in the steel end of the unit. I think it was left at that .
Maybe Paul or Dave Peterson could elaborate more on the subject.
Todd
Dave Bader

Post by Dave Bader »

Thank you for the replies. That's a shame that it didn't work out, if that is what happened. I'd still love to see it some time.
Mike Nihen

Post by Mike Nihen »

you mean this?
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

Junior and Mike Stevens built that one... as far as I know it will be on some tracks of Junior's new album... I think he's still trying to work it into his act. Looks like the pedals are set up for C6-style!
New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

According to Paul's profile the last time he posted here was nearly three years ago.
John Troutman

Post by John Troutman »

Todd is in the know on this one. Paul called me a couple of weeks ago and is in the midst of a big move to the country, as he put it. He is never on the computer anymore, and his phone number will change, too. I'd love to hear more about that Bigsby Guit-Steel, too!
Dave Bader

Post by Dave Bader »

Mike Nihen wrote:you mean this?
Nope, not that one but thanks for posting it. I never get tired of seeing that one. The one in question would resemble a Paul Bigsby guitar and lap steel of some sort. My mind is blown just thinking of what it might look like.
Todd Clinesmith

Post by Todd Clinesmith »

I think they were retrofitting pickups on a previously built guitar. No doubt a Paul Bigsby design would be out of this world. I have pondered building one for sometime. Tho there is only so much time in a day.
Todd
Dave Bader

Post by Dave Bader »

Todd Clinesmith wrote:I think they were retrofitting pickups on a previously built guitar. No doubt a Paul Bigsby design would be out of this world. I have pondered building one for sometime. Tho there is only so much time in a day.
Todd
I don't know Todd, sometime you just have to bite the bullet and do it just because. Maybe TK Smith would take a wack at it. Somebody should.
Last edited by Dave Bader on 15 Aug 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wally Pfeifer

Post by Wally Pfeifer »

:) I thought this post was about the whereabouts of Paul Warniok. How did the subject get changed? I would also be interested in hearing from Paul.
:? Wally
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

I talked to Paul a couple days ago. He's doing well, is happy and looking forward to the move very soon, and is also hoping to play more music now that his LEO job is past and done with his retirement in place.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Dave Bader

Post by Dave Bader »

Wally Pfeifer wrote::) I thought this post was about the whereabouts of Paul Warniok. How did the subject get changed? I would also be interested in hearing from Paul.
:? Wally
Sorry Wally. My only knowledge of Paul is from his post on the Bigsby style Guit-Steel and that was the reason behind my inquiry. I do hope he is in good health though.