MASGA Jam on August 23,2014 Kannapolis, NC

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Michael Calaway

MASGA Jam on August 23,2014 Kannapolis, NC

Post by Michael Calaway »

Masga Jam sponsored by Carl Epling
AUGUST 23, 2014 at the:
Kannapolis Moose Lodge
Old Beatty Ford Road
China Grove, NC

DIRECTIONS TO EVENT: For those that will be headed south on Rt.85 towards Kannapolis NC. Take exit #68. Go through two stoplights then 1 flashing light, then turn left at the next stoplight onto Old Beatty Ford Road. Go approximately 1 mile, the Moose Lodge will be on the left.

DIRECTIONS TO EVENT: For people that will be headed North on Rt. 85 towards Kannapolis NC. Take exit #58, this will put you on Rt29 north. Go approximately 7 miles (through Kannapolis) until you see the Landis city limit sign. Go another 1/2 mile until you come to a stoplight and turn right on Old Beatty Ford Road. Go approximately 1 mile, the Moose Lodge will be on the left.

FOOD--Great food will be made available on premises.

Econolodge 704-786-3100
3100 Cloverleaf Parkway
Kannapolis, NC
Check the motel for special MASGA rates.

There is no membership dues. Anyone coming to our events can join at no charge meaning they can vote and receive promos (mailers, emails). With regular admission they can attend, perform, and offer their products at the events. Admission for the jams is set at $15.00 per person, $25.00 per couple, children under 16 yrs free.

SCHEDULE
Registration at 9am,
Performers with tracks at 10am
The band starts at 1:00P.M.

Our band for this jam is:
Paul Polish---Drums
Johnny Thomas—Guitar
Wayne Smith--Bass

Our Special Guest for this jam is TOMMY DODD from Atlanta Ga.

All levels of players are welcome as well as those who enjoy the unique sound or the "Steel Guitar".

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Mike Calaway, Secretary/Treasure
Ray Thomas

Post by Ray Thomas »

Plan to be there, all you pickers from North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia or all points come join us.
Ray Thomas
Livesteel Strings Dealer
Call 919-920-5482
Text rayssteel@gmail.com or email
Johnny Howington

Looking forward to it !!

Post by Johnny Howington »

Can't wait to see old friends and hear some great steel guitar playing. If you have never heard Tommy Dodd it's well worth your time. Just a great fun filled day with plenty of food and some great people. Most of them just happen to love the steel guitar! Come on out and join us! If you play steel guitar please bring it on with you. All level of players welcome and we look forward to hearing you play! See you there !!!
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hey you guys have a great time and Anna and I miss you all. Have a great Steel Show.
sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Bump
Last edited by Sam White on 12 Aug 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Bump
Last edited by Sam White on 12 Aug 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

BUMP
Last edited by Sam White on 12 Aug 2014 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Got carryed away Darn computer
Last edited by Sam White on 12 Aug 2014 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Glen E. Lanning

Post by Glen E. Lanning »

ER,Mike

I’m sorry but I will not be coming to Kannapolis this time. I hate it since I have missed very few jams.

My wife and I are taking care of my mother (98 years old). She is far from an invalid but someone needs to be with her all the time.

Sorry, but have a good time!
Past Secretary/President, MASGA
Mullen U12 (2004)
ShoBud Professional (1970)D10 8/4
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112
Tommy Dodd

Post by Tommy Dodd »

I just wanted say how much I am looking forward to "coming home" this weekend to the MASGA show in Kannapolis. Well, I am not originally from North Carolina but I graduated from UNCC just about 15 miles from Kannapolis so I think I can claim "partial residency" anyway.

And too, I am looking forward to picking some with my dear friends (great musicians) Johnny Thomas, Wayne Smith, and the incomparable Paul Polish on drums. Paul is the kind of drummer that always finds the "groove" of any kind of song and drives it home. Love it!!!

Ya'll come out and pick with us or just hang out. It's gonna be fun.
Allen Howington

Masga

Post by Allen Howington »

Come on out and join in this weekend, it just don't get any better than Tommy Dodd. There are a few pickers from the past that I hope come back out and support the steel guitar "Love". We miss hearing you pick, and the great conversations.

MASGA President,

Allen Howington
Charley Hill

Post by Charley Hill »

If I could, make a special request to hear Tommy play, "Dance with me" and Highway 40 Blues.

If there is anyone who hasn't heard Tommy play, you are in for a real treat. Tommy is a versatile Pedal Steel Guitarist Virtuoso. And, heck of a nice guy too.

Tell all your aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters and "Kin Folk" to put this one on their calendar as a do not miss.

:D
Traveler, Peddler and Extreme life lover. Giving up is not an option.
Sid Hudson

Post by Sid Hudson »

Wish I could be there guys!

Laying up here in Baltimore getting a chemo infusion.

I Have pLans on being 10 feet tall and bullet proof after this.

Will see yall next year.
Allen Howington

Sid

Sid, hope things are going well for you. We will all miss you this weekend, my favorite--"together again", no one play's it like you do, I love it! Looking forward to you being back with us and even better than before. Not to much "Taller"---10feet???

Allen
Tommy Dodd

Post by Tommy Dodd »

Thanks Allen and Charley for the compliments. I'll do my best this weekend to get all your requests on my setlist.

BTW, I just posted a new announcement over in another Forum section. Check it out here http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... 43#2277643
Allen Howington

Masga

Glen, you will surely be missed at the jam this weekend. Hope your Mother does fine and all goes well for her. Look forward to seeing you and hearing you play the next time around.
Glen E. Lanning

Post by Glen E. Lanning »

Thanks, Allen - I will miss everyone!
Past Secretary/President, MASGA
Mullen U12 (2004)
ShoBud Professional (1970)D10 8/4
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112
John Swain

Post by John Swain »

Sorry I missed this. I'm sure Tommy Dodd played well, but where are comments/pictures? JS