"Project" PSG case for Forum Donation

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Scott Malchow

"Project" PSG case for Forum Donation

Post by Scott Malchow »

Hi Everyone,

Is anybody interested in this?
I have a 'cosmetically challenged" Thomas case that was made for a D-10 Emmons p/p.
I haven't used the case for years (obviously).

Long ago, the handle broke and the tolex started tearing. I was going to fix the handle and re-cover it, but I had another case built instead.
However, in the process of that decision, someone started tearing off the tolex anticipating that it would be redone…(':whoa:')

So here's what it is- check out the pics (The links are below.)

It has no handle- has to be replaced.
One metal corner was drilled out and torn off in anticipation of the re-cover.
All other hardware and hinges and corners are riveted on and still solid.
Fabric inside is worn badly in spots and the 'wall' between guitar and pedal rack needs to be fixed on one side where it seems to have started to give way.

Inside dimensions-
approx 11 1/2" X 33 1/2" for the guitar compartment and 4 1/2" X 33 1/2" for the pedal rack compartment.

Anyone interested in this as a "project"?

Here's my thought and proposal…..
If you make a Forum donation of at least 20.00,
I'll ship the case to you.
I'll have to restrict this to continental US forum members only- Fed Ex ground shipping will probably cost me around $20.00.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I just hate to throw things away if someone could find a use for an item. Can this case find another life?

Maybe some foam will make this the case that gets your Maverick to your first gig!!(':lol:')

I will deliver it to anyone in the Greater Mpls-St Paul area as long as they drink some coffee with me and talk about steel guitar. I'll even buy the coffee
if you'll be my friend.

Please use PM to contact me if interested. Please don't PM me to tell me I'm crazy. My accountant says I can just throw this away for free instead of spending 20.00 to ship it.....………….
Scott

Picture filePicture filePicture filePicture filePicture filePicture filePicture file
In a time of drastic change it is the learners who inherit the future. The learned usually find themselves equipped to live in a world that no longer exists.
~ Eric Hoffer, philosopher and author 1902-1983
Bill Ladd

Post by Bill Ladd »

Heck, I'll take it!!

What do I need to do next?