Can you get Michael Scott's Steel Radio on Roku?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Keith Hilton

Can you get Michael Scott's Steel Radio on Roku?

Post by Keith Hilton »

I recently hooked up Roku, which operates from a wireless telephone router. You can buy Roku at Best Buy or Wal-Mart. With Roku I can get 100+ television and radio channels, many of which are free. I have been going through the radio stations on Roku and there are many internet stations. Michael Scott's Steel Guitar Radio is a internet station. Is Michael's station on Roku somewhere? I can't find it. If it is not on Roku it needs to be. For those of you who don't know who Michael is, he is Dewitt Scott's son--Dewitt is the guy who puts on the International Steel Guitar Convention in St.Louis. By the way--I heard a lot of steel guitar on some of the Roku radio stations. I like to fell over when they played a Tom Morell and David Hartley instrumentals back to back. First time I ever heard a Tom Morell lap steel instrumental on a radio station. Maybe there is hope for the world!
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

Roku might not know about it. I always use TuneIn.
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
johnnyb

Roku

Post by johnnyb »

Download the shout cast radio app from the channel store . Use search feature on shout cast to locate steel guitar radio. I am listening to it now, but it may not be the exact one you're looking for.
Johnny Barham
Pedal Steel Poser at large, without portfolio.