Left Handed ShoBud D-10 the Professional 8X4

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
slim simon

Left Handed ShoBud D-10 the Professional 8X4

Post by slim simon »

Folks,

I am restarting this thread. Space problems, and back problems force me to sell this. I would like to see this vintage piece played, instead of sitting in storage.
Let's talk.

Slim

The second, and last of my rare LEFTY steels. Unlike the Emmons, this has a bit of a story.

As you can see from the photos, this is the old rack and barrel system.
I bought the guitar from Bobbe Seymour. When it arrived, I discovered it was left handed up top, but right FOOTED. The guitar was sent up to Jerry Fessenden to be made correct; that is why you see filled holes on the underside. That is also why the pedal rack is upside down! I have only ever used the first 3 (E9) pedals, and 4 knees. I believe with the change in the undercarriage, some of the C6 rods will have to be changed/modifed. While the guitar (E9) 3X4 works fine, the guitar could probably a rebuild.
The guitar was never gigged, however a couple of years later I noticed a stress crack on the changer end plate. Jerry made me new end plates; I have the originals also. At this time, I decided to move the pickup selector switch and the coil tap switch to the changer side. This way, I reasoned, the wiring would not be traveling the length of the guitar. That was a mistake on my part, because with the switches on the changer end, the guitar will no longer fit in the case without modification.
All of that being said, this IS a rare (and beautiful) thing. Who wants to restore it to it's former glory? Make me an offer.

Thanks,

Slim
Image :x
Last edited by slim simon on 28 Jan 2019 10:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
slim simon

Post by slim simon »

Bump for a lefty that needs some love....
slim simon

Post by slim simon »

Bump. Make me an offer!
slim simon

Post by slim simon »

TTT
slim simon

Post by slim simon »

Bump
slim simon

Lefty Sho Bud

Post by slim simon »