Oak Ridge Boys show with Rex Wiseman

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jim Park

Oak Ridge Boys show with Rex Wiseman

Post by Jim Park »

I saw the Oak Ridge boys tonight and I must say it was the finest show I have seen in years. Rex is a monster player, and the band is just killer!!!. The sound was fabulous, and the energy and interaction on stage was to die for!!! All I can say is WOW!!!!
Glenn Uhler

Oak Ridge Boys Road Bamd

Post by Glenn Uhler »

Is Rex touring with the Oak Ridge Boys? I just saw a documentary on the Oaks musical history and parts of their current stage show on our local PBS station. The show was taped at the Sellersville, PA 1894 Theatre, but there were no intros of the band.
1974 Marlen S-12 1968 Tele 1969 Martin D-35H
Tiny Olson

Post by Tiny Olson »

Rex is a great guy and a great player. I've known him a long time and it would be good to see him again. Been too long.

Nice to hear it was a good show.

Sincerely,
Chris "Tiny" O.
Jim Park

Re: Oak Ridge boys

Post by Jim Park »

Yes, he is touring with them , he has been in the band since 2006
Billy Knowles

Rex

Post by Billy Knowles »

Rex is a great guy and great player!!!!
Billy Knowles

STEEL GUITAR EAST

Emmons authorized dealer and approved service technician

my web site: http://www.steelguitareast.com
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

hi jim...where'd you see those guys?
is there any regular countryish action going on in the clubs up there these days?
Jim Park

Re: Oak Ridge boys

Post by Jim Park »

Hey Chris........ the Carson Valley Inn has built a small outdoor arena called TJ's Corral and this was the first act in the Venue. Charlie Daniels is scheduled in there as well. I have seen Moe Bandy and TG Sheppard in the indoor room at the CVI also. Ascuaga's Nugget is putting in A Gilley's nightclub too......... but not a lot of club action goin on
Rex Wiseman

Post by Rex Wiseman »

....Oh my gosh Guys....Thank you so much...

Jim, I'm glad you enjoyed the show...I must say if I played anything good, I have to give the credit to The Good Lord....I'm not smart enough to figure one of those things out on my own! HAHA....Also we have an incredible sound man named Marko Hunt who used to hang out with Bill West at Sho~Bud as a kid...he KNOWS what a steel is suppose to sound like....So I am very fortunate in that respect!

Tiny, thank you for the kind words my friend...you have always been one of my favorite players. I would love to hear you play again...we get up in that area sometimes...we need to get together,

And Billy thank you for building me such an awesome guitar....that Emmons sure is a heck of a horn!! Look forward to seeing you in a few days my good friend..
Larry Bressington

Post by Larry Bressington »

Rex, I saw you at the Hasting Rodeo last summer, (I was in the band next door) your Tone and playing style was outstanding and captured me from that far away. I froze in my footsteps when you laid one down... Great band also and squeaky tight!
A.K.A Chappy.