Nashville on Record - Steel Player?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bruce Hamilton

Nashville on Record - Steel Player?

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

I watched the Nashville on record concert which has the stars of the television show Nashville singing at the Ryman and I was wondering who the steel player was. He sounded great and had a unique looking what I think was a Sho Pro which had several switches and dials on the deck.
Bob Knight

Post by Bob Knight »

Russ Pahl
<b>Rick Johnson Cabinets<b>
<b>Brand X Custom Fiber Cases</b>
<b> John Pearse Thumb Picks, Bars and Strings</b>
"Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent."

— Steve Martin
Ron Brennan

Great Show!

Post by Ron Brennan »

Enjoyed this particular show very much!! In fact, I enjoyed it more that any of the ACM's & CMA's in recent memory! :) Pretty neat how they incorporated many true Nashville song writers involved. They produced what I think C&W new music should sound like.....not the Country Rock we see on the award shows. Ahhh, maybe there's hope, eh?

The performances by these actors were very credible. IMHO: the producers of the show "Nashville" did a really good job in casting the actors. Would love to see a "Time Jumpers" cameo as well on future shows!! 8) TX

Rgds,

Ron
JCFSGC member 2005 "Be of Good Cheer"
"55" Fender Stringmaster D8,
"83" Emmons LeGrande 77L SKH D10 8 & 5,
"67" All Original Telecaster & Original Owner
"86" Peavey Factory Modified NV 400,
"60"Fender Concert Amp 4-10"s, RV-3, Upgraded chip set GE-7 EQ, CH1 Chorus, DS-1, Hilton, BJS Bar.
Frank Freniere

Post by Frank Freniere »

Very enjoyable program.

I only hope executive music producer Buddy Miller will continue to showcase different steel players, as T-Bone Burnett did in season 1.
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Where can this show be seen? I haven't heard of it.
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Don R Brown

Post by Don R Brown »

It was the ABC show "Nashville", but instead of the drama plot line, they had the actors performing in an actual concert at the Ryman, in several cases accompanied by the songwriters who were responsible for the songs they had featured on the show. If you go on ABC TV and poke around their web site you'll probably be able to see in on line.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

yeah it was a good show. fun to get an inside look at the ryman and the songwriters and all....specially for those of us with no nashville connections.
the 'nashville' tv show has been pretty cool from the beginning. definitely a cut above any other tv show.
i know that t-bone burnett and buddy miller have their fingers in everyone's pies the last few years. what makes them so sought after? i get that there is a slight bit more realism and less commercial hype with their stuff, but i've never really warmed up to what people think is cool about them. neither stand out in any way apparent to me.
and i never noticed buddy having such a heavy english accent before.
i think the 'americana' vibe is taking over where country left off, which is ok.
Joachim Kettner

Post by Joachim Kettner »

Fender Kingman, Sierra Crown D-10, Evans Amplifier, Soup Cube.
John Gilman

Post by John Gilman »

Just got around to watching the show last nite. Any details on the electronics on his steel?

Couple of screen caps:

74 Sho-Bud ProII
73 Sho-Bud/Surratt/Marrs D-10
72 Emmons PP D-10
69 ZB Custom D-10
Ernie Renn

Post by Ernie Renn »

It's a custom made Russ Pahl ShowPro.

I've known Russ for a very long time. I haven't seen him in ages.
My best,
Ernie
www.BuddyEmmons.com
Jerry Jones

Post by Jerry Jones »

Russ has a very unique way of transporting his guitar from gig to gig….. he made a cover for the body which also incorporates a shoulder strap. He simply removes the two back legs and flings the guitar over his shoulder and pops it into the trunk of his car. There's no need to continuously remove and reassemble the pedals and pedal bar…. very ingenious. Wish I had taken a picture to share. :)
Jerry Jones