Arizona: Justice Steel Guitar customer appreciation day

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Neil Degraw

Arizona: Justice Steel Guitar customer appreciation day

Post by Neil Degraw »

I would like to thank Fred for having his "1st customer appreciation day" yesterday, Saturday, Febuary, 15th. What a time we had, there was 21 Justice Steel Guitar family members show up, 12 who brought their steels and set up. In the morning Fred had a clinic giving tips for tuning and pedal combinations for getting a lot of neat licks.

You have to understand, Fred likes to eat, so at noon there was a break, with fried chicken, salads of all sorts, and cake and pie for desert (thanks to Fred's wife Brenda and her sister Linda for fixing the meal).

The day finished up with a jam that let folk show their stuff.

I met a lot of old friends and made some new ones for the first time. I would say that Fred really does want his customers to feel like family and for that I say, THANKS FRED!!!! :D
Joe Naylor

Makes me want to buy a Justice

Post by Joe Naylor »

Brenda and Linda can really cook! Fred is their poster child. :D Sounds like a fun day.

Joe Naylor "Asleep at the Steel"
www.steelseat.com
Announcer / Emcee
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Arlene Seydel

Post by Arlene Seydel »

Thanks so much for a great day and super great food. Was really fun meeting so many Justice steel players. You are going to have to build on a bigger shop to fit all your customers next time!!!
Arlene & Del
Fred Justice

Thank You !!!

Post by Fred Justice »

Good morning everyone, I wanted to say thank you Neil DeGraw for posting this thread.

Joe we can solve the problem of you not having a Justice Steel Guitar. :D

Arlene, thank you for coming and bringing Del with you, another Justice player.

The Lord blessed our day real good, we had great fellowship, great food and great picking.
Thank you Brenda & her twin sister Linda for all your hard work in preparing the wonderful meal for us.

I received this nice email from Rick Ulrich just this morning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good Morning Fred,
I just wanted to take a moment and express my appreciation for being invited to your shindig on Saturday. I enjoyed the fellowship and the tunes. The information regarding split tunings solved my problem. I was able to make a small adjustment to the Allen screw and voila, the 6th string lowered properly. It took a few adjustments with the tuning wrench before it settled in, but seems to be just fine now. I did have to go buy a set of Allen wrenches. I will find mine someday, I just couldn't recall where I had put them and they weren't in the usual places. Enjoyed meeting all the Canadians. They are genuinely a really nice bunch of guys.

Thank Brenda and her sister, (I never did catch her name, my bad), for all the food and preparation. What a nice day for eating outside and providing more opportunity to get acquainted.

You done good my friend, that was a great idea to have everyone get together for a common cause, Justice Guitars.
See ya down the road.

Rick Ulrich
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are a few pictures from the day

Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Steve Pawlak

Post by Steve Pawlak »

Sorry I missed it Fred.
It looks like Oscar really enjoyed himself too
Fred Justice

My Oscar Dog

Post by Fred Justice »

Hey Steve, I'm sorry you couldn't make it buddy.
Ya, you know how much Oscar loves steel guitar, and he's not camera shy at all. :lol:
Dan Chambers

Post by Dan Chambers »

Would have loved to have been there Fred, looks like a great time for all concerned!
Justice Pro Lite 3x5. Emmons D10 PP 8x5, Peavey Session & Nashville 400s,Martin D-28, Taylor 510, Eastman E20P, Weber Gallatin Mandolin, OMI D40 squareneck Dobro
Robert Tripp

Thanks Fred

Post by Robert Tripp »

A great time as always at your place. Kat and I would like to have you and Brenda over for dinner, but I'm not sure I can afford it........ :mrgreen:

It might be bring your own food night.....LOL

Rob
http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippmusic

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippgospel

I might be a beginner now, but someday I'm gonna steel the show.
David Gertschen

Post by David Gertschen »

Congratulations, Fred!!
Looks like a great turnout & a lot of nice guitars! Sorry I had to miss it, but work gets in the way sometimes. I sure would have enjoyed learning some more licks and tricks...maybe 2015?? >Dave
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Dan and David you missed a great time, but your both still family. :D
David Hartley

Hi Fred

Post by David Hartley »

That all looked great, and wished I was there..

It's a shame I am 5000 miles away...

That was a very nice for you to show your appreciation to us Justice owners.
We all certainly appreciate your quality steel guitars...

:D
Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Post by Michael T. Hermsmeyer »

I sure would have enjoyed being there!!! Guess I need to get me a Justice!!! Been wanting one for several years!!!

Fred, was there meat loaf? Thats all I need to know!!! Hahaha!!! Hi Brenda!!!

Michael Todd
Currently retired from performing music in Branson, MO
'73 EMMONS D10 FATBACK, '92 EMMONS D10 LASHLEY LEGRANDE, Bray Resonator Guitar,'95 DOBRO F60S, '85 Dobro 60DS, '95 MELOBAR CUSTOM, 1948 National Grand Console D-8, 1951 Supro Clipper S-6. EVANS, FENDER, PEAVEY,
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...

www.onemancountryshow.com

www.facebook.com/utilityman2000
Dick Hitchcock

Post by Dick Hitchcock »

Doggone It's bad enough living in Nebraska in the winter, but being too far away to get to the appreciation shindig is inexcusable...Looks like you had a great time...A lot of happy faces over those sweet Justice Guitars!! Wish we could have made it..Maybe next time.....Thanks for everything Fred...Good luck and blessings.....Dick and Bev...
Justice Pro Lite 4x5.... NV112.... Steel seat.
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

David I thought you would fly anywhere for a fried chicken dinner, oh, my bad, that's steak you love so well.

Michael no meat loaf at this one, fried chicken all the way.

Dick I'm sorry you and Bev couldn't make it. I had enough to eat for you and me both. Maybe next year Pal.