Zum SD12 5 & 4 1978 Lacquer

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Larry Prater

Zum SD12 5 & 4 1978 Lacquer

Post by Larry Prater »

I have a 1978 SD12 that is in pristine condition, E9th tuning, This is a lacquer finish, with inlay on the front, the floor pedals are an Emmons setup, as well as the knee levers, I have dropped the price to $1900.00 includes the original Zum volume pedal that works, This is my third SD model guitar, so one of them needs to go.Image
Last edited by Larry Prater on 12 Jan 2014 6:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Larry Prater

Post by Larry Prater »

I forgot to give my cell # 573-308-2178, I tried to post pictures but apparently I don't know how.
memphislim

Post by memphislim »

PM sent.
Larry Prater

Post by Larry Prater »

Larry Prater wrote:I forgot to give my cell # 573-308-2178, I tried to post pictures but apparently I don't know how.
This is an E9th tuning!!
James Sission

Post by James Sission »

Very nice axe...
Dean Richard Varga

Zum 12

Post by Dean Richard Varga »

Well I'll take it if it's available.I'll call in a couple hours.Thanks,Dean
Dean Richard Varga

Zum SD- 12

Post by Dean Richard Varga »

Great talking with you Larry.....I took your advice and did some research.The mods I would be interested in would be too extensive so I am going to pass on it. I appreciate your concern about it going to the right person and & application.It sure is a beauty. Good luck.Dean
Larry Prater

Re: Zum 12

Post by Larry Prater »

Dean Richard Varga wrote:Well I'll take it if it's available.I'll call in a couple hours.Thanks,Dean
Sorry you couldn't take the guitar, I've played it a lot more since the post and I see why everyone is so big on the Zum steels, it stays in tune, it is easy to tune, and the tone is so true, By the way I got the volume pedal working, not only does it work but it so much hotter than my Goodrich pedals.
Larry Prater

Re: Zum SD- 12

Post by Larry Prater »

Dean Richard Varga wrote:Great talking with you Larry.....I took your advice and did some research.The mods I would be interested in would be too extensive so I am going to pass on it. I appreciate your concern about it going to the right person and & application.It sure is a beauty. Good luck.Dean
Dean, I have dropped the price on the steel to $2100.00 evidently it was over priced, and the volume pedal works great.
Larry Prater

Re: Zum SD- 12

Post by Larry Prater »

Larry Prater wrote:
Dean Richard Varga wrote:Great talking with you Larry.....I took your advice and did some research.The mods I would be interested in would be too extensive so I am going to pass on it. I appreciate your concern about it going to the right person and & application.It sure is a beauty. Good luck.Dean
Dean, I have dropped the price on the steel to $2100.00 evidently it was over priced, and the volume pedal works great.
I have dropped the price to $1900.00 which includes the Original Zum volume pedal.
Larry Prater

Post by Larry Prater »

Larry Prater wrote:I forgot to give my cell # 573-308-2178, I tried to post pictures but apparently I don't know how.
It is still for Sale 01/18/14 Thanks!
Byron McCollum

Post by Byron McCollum »

Did this guitar sale?
Tom Gorr

Post by Tom Gorr »

I'm sure this guitar, or one exactly like it went through ebay about 2 months ago...

Always wanted to know if Zum's from this era were 3U 3D changers???
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Tom Gorr, without knowing the serial # it's hard to say, but I am pretty sure any Zums from the 70's were 3raise/2 lower changers. Also no splits screws. Nonetheless, if the lack of those mechanical features don't bother you, these vintage Zums sound fabulous!
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

A closeup of the bellcrank/crosshafts would be good..BF
Bill Ford S12 CLR, S12 Lamar keyless, Misc amps&toys Sharp Covers
Steeling for Jesus now!!!
Len Cascia

Post by Len Cascia »

Is this guitar still for sale? Thx