Reece Update

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Kyle Bennett

Reece Update

Post by Kyle Bennett »

Reece is now in the arms of his heavenly father. He passed away at 5:30 this morning. Please continue to pray for this dear sweet family.
Kyle
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Kyle thank you for passing this on to us.
I know from some of the talks we had that he is with the Lord.
Reece leaves some shoes that will never be filled.
I am honored to have known Maurice Anderson

Please pass along my censer condolences to Teresa and the family.
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Duane Dunard

Post by Duane Dunard »

Very sad news. I talked to him on the phone several weeks ago, and knew by his voice, that things weren't good. I will pray for his family.
Sidney Malone

Post by Sidney Malone »

Our condolences to all the family, a sad day for sure!!

Reece and I talked about eternity several times and it is great to know where he is today, it certainly makes it a little easier!

He was a true inspiration if there ever was one and touched many lives in a positive way during his time here on earth!

We will greatly miss him.....until we meet again!!
Last edited by Sidney Malone on 4 Jul 2013 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
MSA Millennium S-12U
Walker Stereo Steel
Hilton Pedal
Hook Moore

Post by Hook Moore »

I'm very sorry to hear this terrible news Kyle. My condolences..
Ronnie Miller

RIP Maurice Anderson

Post by Ronnie Miller »

The Steel guitar world has lost a giant, and we have lost a dear friend. RIP Maurice.
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Our loss is heaven's gain. Reece was a true gentleman among gentlemen. He is now with our Lord and Saviour.

Billy and Meriul Easton
Billy & Meriul Easton
Nashville, TN
Steven Cummings

Post by Steven Cummings »

I'm deeply saddened to by this news. What a loss for the world as a whole. I'm thinking the big band in heaven just got a whole lot better, if that's possible. His love of God and his fellow man will leave a lasting impression on me forever. Never did I hear him say an unkind word. I truly thank God that our paths crossed and I was able to study the steel guitar with him as my guide. I'll never forget his words "Enjoy the journey". Reece will be sorely missed. What an inspiration he has been and will continue to be. God Bless You Maurice Anderson!
Lookin' on the sunny side....
Dickie Whitley

Post by Dickie Whitley »

My sincere deepest condolences to the family as well as his friends and associates. I know there are no words I can offer that will soften the loss, but you need to take comfort that Reece is in a better place, no more earthly pain, worries, or suffering.

He was always kind and helpful during any conversation I had with him whether by phone or email. We have all suffered a loss that's gonna hurt for a while. God bless the family.
Hal Stackhouse

Rest In Peace

Post by Hal Stackhouse »

may you now rest in peace my friend. You gave me and so many others so much inspiration with your teaching and playing. My condolences to his family.

You will be greatly missed Reece!!

Hal
Larry Bell

Post by Larry Bell »

So sorry to hear the sad news. Reece was always the perfect gentleman with a genuine interest in others. His life, family, and career are his legacy -- one that even the best of us must admire. Musically, he was a personal hero to me, but I most remember his smile and his willingness to share his incredible grasp of how music works with anyone who wanted to learn. He was a brilliant musician and businessman who refused to sacrifice his family, his faith, and his ideals for his career. RIP, Reece. Deepest sympathies to family and close friends -- you will miss him most but be assured that the steel guitar community joins you in your grieving.
Last edited by Larry Bell on 4 Jul 2013 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Bell - email: larry@larrybell.org - gigs - Home Page
My CD's: 'I've Got Friends in COLD Places' - 'Pedal Steel Guitar'
2021 Rittenberry S/D-12 8x7, 1976 Emmons S/D-12 7x6, 1969 Emmons S/D-12 6x6, 1971 Dobro, Quilter ToneBlock 202 TT-12
George Ashmore

Post by George Ashmore »

Maurice "Reece" Anderson; my mentor, instructor and close friend. I still hear his patient voice whisper to me that "You can do this George". I so wanted to make him proud of this student.

He will live in my heart forever. Each and every time I think of the music he has given all of us, or try to play the wonderful guitars he personally picked for me, I will give thanks the Lord for creating such a talented and brilliant light that will continue to shine in His name for all of us and for all time.
Life in Texas was a blast!
MSA Millennium
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

Such sad news....

Another monster musician has left this world.

RIP
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

I am saddened to hear about Reece. In my eyes he was one of the monsters of steel guitar and I played his MSA for a few years. In the later years, whenever I had questions I thought Reece could help with, I contacted him for help and he always helped me. He has my full respect as a person and world class musician.
c c johnson

Post by c c johnson »

Goodby old friend. Concerning Reece my proudest moment; after sponsering Reece for the Tx Western Swing Hall of Fame for years; was when he was inducted on stage by Al Dressen. Sad Sad ccj
Chris Dorch

Post by Chris Dorch »

RIP... Sad days...
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

I can't begin to express the sadness at the loss of this great man, friend and player. Thank you for all you did for me and my family. Rest well Reeceeeeeee.
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.