I've got the fever

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Christopher Lippincott

I've got the fever

Post by Christopher Lippincott »

I've got the fever, and I am looking to buy a new steel. I love my D-10 Lacquer MSA, though it is far too heavy with its case. I enjoy playing both necks frequently though most of my gigs require E9th, obviously. The main issue at hand is a one of weight. I am also looking for a more compact/softer feeling instrument. Therefore I don't know if I should get an Ext. E9th guitar and keep my MSA D-10 for when I need it, or to get an upgraded, newer and lighter D-10 with a wheeled case. I am leaning toward just selling my MSA and getting a D-10 that I am really in love with, and is manageable to carry around. I am especially drawn to Williams guitars for some reason. Anyone know if these D-10's are reasonable to gig around with, or will I be buying another anvil. I would like one $2-3k, but am considering splurging for a new build.

Someone humor me with there opinion(s)/solution(s) to sway my inquiry.

Thanks in advance for yall's help!!
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Williams D10 guitars are the most compact and tote friendly guitar I ever owned while retaining all the solidity and character. Especially if you get the keyless model.

As I recall, the 400 series keyless D10, 8+5 is around 55# in the older carpet covered case. I don't know what the new road case weight is.

They have a unique tone of their own and they play great.
Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 2 Apr 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

i heard they're very light, as well as beautiful. but i don't have any first hand experience.
john widgren

fever

Post by john widgren »

I've got Beeber fever.
Steel Guitar Services:
Live performance and recording. Instruments, repairs and lessons. Fresh bait/discount sushi.
(203) 858-8498
widcj@hotmail.com
Jim Bob Sedgwick

Post by Jim Bob Sedgwick »

I have played Williams guitars for 27 years. They are solid, stay put, and sound great. Best changer on the market. ( VERY little string breakage).
My D-10 with 8 and 7 weighs 51 pounds in the case.
Great guitars...!!!! :)
Chris Dorch

Post by Chris Dorch »

I don't think you can really go wrong with anything, my friend... Enjoy the fever... It won't last long...