R I P Bryan Adams

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Mike Sweeney

R I P Bryan Adams

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Just got the word that Bryan Adams lost his battle with cancer sometime before 4:00 AM EST this morning.
It's with a heavy heart I pass this along for I've known Bryan since I was a kid in high school.
I will post arrangements when I have them.
Zumsteel steel guitars, Telonics and Peavey amplifiers, GHS strings.
Kevin Mincke

Post by Kevin Mincke »

Very sad, our thoughts and prayers with the family through this difficult time. :cry:
Ben ODell

Oh My God !!!

Post by Ben ODell »

That wasn't the news we wanted to hear Mike. SO SAD, but thank you so much for posting.

I have known Bryan since 1962, as were were stationed at Tyndall Air Force Base Florida.

GOOD-BYE to a great friend so many yaers. Still love you "BROTHER"

Please keep us posted Mike.
Ben ODell
Roger Kelly

Post by Roger Kelly »

My condolences to Bryans wife and family in this time of sorrow.
Steve Leonard

Post by Steve Leonard »

I am deeply saddened to hear this news. I have lost a dear friend that I have known for many years and shared a lot of good times with. Our thoughts and prayers are with Carolyn and family.
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Here's B.A. at a steel show Steve Leonard put on a few years back. Note the late Jim Unger on fiddle too.
Zumsteel steel guitars, Telonics and Peavey amplifiers, GHS strings.
Dennis Wireman

Bryan

Post by Dennis Wireman »

Another great one gone will be missed .I was hoping and praying for a different out come, but God knows best, make God be with Carolyn and family
Doug Palmer

Bryan Adams

Post by Doug Palmer »

Sad news for the Steel Guitar community. I worked with Bryan at Emmons Guitar back in the late 70's and early 80's and learned a lot from him. I will miss not only his great knowledge of the Steel but his wonderful sense of humor. Prayers for Bryan.
Emmons D-10, ST-10,LD-10 III, NV-112,Fender Deluxe Reverb. Authorized wholesale dealer musicorp.com!
Mike Hoover

Post by Mike Hoover »

So sorry to hear this. Served with Bryan in the Air Force in early 60's in Fla. We played music together in the Panama City area for a good while. The steel community has lost a great personality and player. Carolyn and family may The Heavenly Father hold you and comfort you at this time.

Mike
David Martin

Bryan

Post by David Martin »

Bryan was a friend to so many...I spent a lot of time at Bryan's house jaming, joking and having a great time all day. I learned a lot from Bryan...he made everyone feel on the same level playing wise. He was eager to share his vast knowledge. I will miss his stories and his mild manner. Rest in peace my friend.
SHO-BUD SUPER PRO D10(8+10)
EMMONS LL-III D10(9+9)
Too many Amps
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

RIP Bryan. Condolences to his friends and family.
George Crowder

Post by George Crowder »

My condolences to the family.

Another great steeler gone home. I first met him at the jam he put on in Mountain City, TN a few years ago. I liked him and his playing right away and bought a couple of his CDs at the jam. Then I saw him again at the shows Steve and his dad did in Bristol.
Jerry Fleming

Post by Jerry Fleming »

I am very saddened to hear of Bryan's passing. My prayers are with Carolyn, Bryan's friends and extended family. Today we lost one of my heroes and a dear friend.

Rest in Peace my friend you will never be forgotten.
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

This is a great loss to our community. He was a very special person and I'm proud to have known him.
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Manfred Schall

Post by Manfred Schall »

Very sad news indeed.
RIP Bryan. I will miss you.
My condolences goes out to Carolyn and the family.
Manfred
Mike Johnson

Post by Mike Johnson »

Heaven has gained a good one. Our prayers are with Bryan's family. I'm so glad God gave me the opportunity to speak to Bryan a couple of months back. I got the chance to thank him for building me one of the most incredible PUSH PULL EMMONS in the world. MY RED ONE.

Bryan, thanks for sharing your talents with us.
"Rest In Peace Pal"

MIKE JOHNSON
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

I sure hate to hear this. I always enjoyed his playing and just visiting with him at our jams. I'll miss seeing and hearing him play. My prayers go out for his wife.

Tony
Harold Parris

Post by Harold Parris »

I too have a heavy heart today. My friendship with Bryan was a great one and I know we will miss him very much. I was playing one of his cd's yesterday and thinking of what a great person and steel player he was. May God bless Carolyn and may Bryan's soul rest in peace.
EMCI Double 10,Session 400,Webb 614E and Gretsch Nashville Pro Steel Amp, Keith Hilton Digital Sustain pedal and Seymour Duncan KTG -1, Hughes&Kettner BATT
Harold Parris email hparris9@aol.com
Mike Archer

Bryan

Post by Mike Archer »

Bryan has enriched and helped so many players
he is loved by all and my friend of 30 years
he suffered so much and now hes in a place of love and rest no more pian of suffering and in the arms of allmighty God
I will miss him so and so will countless others
Bryan I love you man
Mike :D
Emmons SKH legrande/ Nash 400 amps
Tele and deluxe amp
Charlie Powell

Condolences

Post by Charlie Powell »

I have been privileged to call Bryan a friend. I met Bryan shortly after beginning to play steel. Had some other mutual interests as well. I enjoyed going to Bryan's to pick, learn, laugh, haggle, and so on. I will share one particular memory.

About 6 months or so after I had bought a great sounding PP Bryan rebuilt, he acquired a particular Emmons ( for those that didn't know Bryan, he knew where lots of them were by S/N) he had wanted for several years. We had a local jam and Bryan brought and played it.

Just as he finished I walked up and he asked "what you think about that?" I replied, "well it sounds pretty good, but I found two things about it while you were playing that I think you should fix as soon as you get home."

He looked at me with disbelief and said "WHAT?" I'll never forget that look. I said, "the pedals are backwards, and its too dang short"

He answered me directly, "you're not blanking me out of another one! This one's mine". Then we had a big laugh.

I will miss his friendship. My condolences to the Carolyn and the family.
Charlie Powell
Dave Robbins

Post by Dave Robbins »

Well...this is going to be a long list of friends responding to the loss of B.A. so let me get on here now. Wanda and I are very heavy hearted to hearing of B.A's passing. We are surely going to miss our trips to Mountain City, Tn, where we would sit and drink coffee and talk steel guitars with B.A. for long hours. We both had a love for Beagle dogs and Cadillacs. I remember the first time we met, I pulled up in the driveway of his house where he met me at the car and said anybody driving a cadillac was OK in his book! That set a tone of friendship ever since.

Wanda and I will miss him greatly. Great steel guitarist, and one of the best push/pull mechanics around, and good friend. Our loss is heaven's gain. "To be absent from this life is to be present with the Lord." Bryan now joins God's list of the many other great steel guitarist.

Rest in peace, B.A.

Dave & Wanda Robbins
Ronnie Long

Bryan Adams

Post by Ronnie Long »

I am so sad to hear this. My prayers go out to Carolyn and family. Bryan was my hero, and great friend. I will always miss my buddy.
Dave Diehl

Post by Dave Diehl »

Yes, a big loss to our community of Steel Guitar. Bryan was as big a person at heart as he was a steel guitar mechanics expert. I am sadden to hear he was ill and now the worst has happened. Blessings to his family. They are in my thougths.
Lynn Stafford

Bryan Adams

Post by Lynn Stafford »

I'd also like to send my condolences to Bryans wife, Carolyn and family and express my deepest sympathy for my friend, Bryan. I'm so glad I was just able to speak with him not long ago for one last time. I'd gotten to know him over the last several years, while buying or trading Emmons parts from each other. It didn't take very long for us to establish a mutual friendship. I regret that I never had the opportunity to have met him in person, or the see him perform. May he rest in peace.

Sincerely,
Lynn Stafford
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

RIP Bryan. My condolences to his friends and family.
Brad’s Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars