Smiley Roberts on the town with friends.

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Joe Casey

Smiley Roberts on the town with friends.

Post by Joe Casey »

Who else.The world famous Smiley Roberts once again has been seen out on the town with some happy folks from down under, Tony Davis and his lovely wife. Also the way Smiley is hoping around I think Tony has brought him some "ROO" meat. Sorry I could not hop up to Nashburg this week but I am trying to put off an impending back surgery.Hope Tony and the Misses have a great trip. PS DON"T LET SMILEY DRIVE. ImageThis has been a public service announcement paid for by the don't let Smiley drive committee. Image

------------------
Smiley 23-9 Crank&pull&push pro model Deluxe with auto voice tuner and string changer.500ft.roll.

Leigh Howell

Post by Leigh Howell »

Joe, My wife and I had the pleasure of visiting Nashville a few years ago, with Smiley as our guide. I will say that we didn't waste any time getting from one place to another, and I'll leave it at that! Image

Leigh
Howard Parker

Post by Howard Parker »

I met Smiley and Tony at Nashville's Station Inn this past Monday. We were there to hear Big John H and the Time Jumpers.

A whale of a show, although seeing Tony twice in 2 weeks can be unnerving Image .

HowardP

------------------
Howard Parker
poobah@resoguit.com
www.resoguit.com
ListOwner RESOGUIT-L
03' Carter D-10

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Howard Parker on 24 March 2006 at 09:59 AM.]</p></FONT>
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

Well,so far,we've been downtown several times,to hear John Hughey,Mike Sweeney,Jay Andrews,Eddie Lang,& several other steelers. We've taken the world famous "NashTrash Pink Bus" tour. (I thought Tony & Lyn were gonna wet their pants! Image ) I took 'em to "Sputnik's" to hear our band. And,as Howard said,we went to the "Station Inn",to hear John Hughey & "The Time Jumpers".(WOW,whatta band!) Last night,(3/23) we went to the "Long Hollow Jamboree" & heard Joe Diamond & band,w/ Cal Sharp on steel. We're goin' back tom'w night,(3/25) to hear Weldon Myrick. All in all we've been havin' a pretty good time,& NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT MY DRIVIN' YET!!!

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com</pre></font>

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Smiley Roberts on 24 March 2006 at 02:07 PM.]</p></FONT>
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

Well,Lyn & Tony are well on their way to Las Vegas,and,(ATTENTION JOE & LEIGH) w/ <u>no broken bones,scrapes,abrasions,fractures,etc,etc.!!</u> Image They'll be in L.V. for about a week,& then on to L.A. & home. We had one last swing through "Lowest Broadway" yesterday (Sun.) & had a ball.

P.S.
I,additionally,want to thank Marsha (Fogle) Mick,& her husband,Rick,for "abetting" me in this (ad)venture,also. W/O them,this "tour" would not have been possible,or complete.
------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com</pre></font>

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Smiley Roberts on 27 March 2006 at 07:48 AM.]</p></FONT>
Leigh Howell

Post by Leigh Howell »

Smiles, you notice that Kathy and I kept jumping into your van every day to go do some very enjoyable things that we couln't have done without you! And we didn't wind up with any scrapes or bruises either! And like I said we did get from one place to another in short order!! And we apreciated every minute, and every mile!! Image Image
Kathy and Leigh
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Ok I'll admit the only casualties I have suffered from Smileys driving ,besides an almost nervous breakdown,a sore leg from almost breaking through the floorboard as if there was a brake there,having the good lord hear me mention his name out of prayer then have me turn around and start praying for real,A dozen or so ruined under shorts,sleepless nights and crooked fingers from keeping them crossed.I really did not mind Smileys driving at all. In fact the last trip we made to a steel show up north I let him drive for at least an hour while I killed a twelve pack of large Fosters Ales.After that I could care less if a Kamakazi pilot was at the wheel. Image Just kidding Smiley is not as bad a driver as everyone says he is.......Actually he's worse. Image
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Smiley
Your mailbox is full. Empty it please Image
Thank you.
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

One thing for certain Ret Cop, Smiley always has a full microwave oven Image

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 30 March 2006 at 09:28 AM.]</p></FONT>
Tony Davis

Post by Tony Davis »

OK Guys!!!!....Here's the scoop !!.....well I'll make it short as I have to play a Gig with Jet Lagg tonight..she is creeping up on me right now........but I want yáll to know "that Smiley plays Gigs with Jett Williams.....daughter of Hank.....and just between you and I ...he is so proud that Don Helms stepped down and that Smiley was asked to take his place and was officially made the latest 'Drifting Cowboy.....knowing Smiley he will play it down........but believe me.......and I know.........He feels this is a tremendous honour......just dont tell him I told you !!!

Joe Casey !!...thanks for the phone call...it was great
Jet Lag Kicking in....just to say......we got to Nashville with no baggage.....Smiley gave me Leather Jacket and other things as it was Freezing........Marsha (Fogle) Mick...gave warm stuff to Lynn.............they saved our trip from disasster.....thanks guys
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Ok Smiley I give up... I won't ride you about your driving anymore.Please,please take the curse off. As I was coming home from a doctors apt. friday morning I had to swerve from hitting an elderly lady as she pulled out directly in front of me as she was leaving from a gas station onto a busy (state rd.50 and I was nailed by a truck who could not avoid me.My Mercury Marquis was totalled but it was rugged enough to protect me and I only suffered the pain of losing the car. The driver of the truck also was uninjured and the little old lady from where ever only slowed down a second then hauled butt up the road and out of sight. So Smiley after that hit I'll drive with you anywhere.well almost anywhere. ImageI think its safer to fly.

------------------
Smiley 23-9 Crank&pull&push pro model Deluxe with auto voice tuner and string changer.500ft.roll.

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Joe Casey on 02 April 2006 at 08:56 AM.]</p></FONT>