Oahu Lap Steel & Amp

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Miles Unite

Oahu Lap Steel & Amp

Post by Miles Unite »

Hi,
Would any of you know how I can identify the year this lap steel was made? It has a number stamped into the head: 321-0. The amp has the same number stamped in ink on a caution label in the back.

Also, would anyone be interested in buying something like this if I were sell it? The lap steel and amp are in good shape. The steel does not have tuners on. I took them off a few years ago to clean them and lost them when I moved. I'll get into it more if there's any interest.

I'm one of the quiet members here on the forum. You won't hear from me too much but I always enjoy the interesting topics and expertise of all the contributing members.

Regards,
Miles

Noah Miller

Post by Noah Miller »

That guitar and amp were made by Dickerson (forerunner of Magnatone) and were part of Oahu's "Pearl" line. They were introduced in 1940 and were probably discontinued (like most electrics) shortly after the US entered the War, ca. 1942.
Dennis Coelho

Topic: Oahu Lap Steel & Amp

Post by Dennis Coelho »

I had one my parents bought new in 1951 when I took a couple of months of lessons in Calif. in the Bay Area. I kept asking the teacher when we would get to hold it like a "regular" guitar.