Big thanks to all

Archived for historical reference

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Bryce Velasco

Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Big thanks to all

Post by Johnny Cox »

Wow what a great time we had this year. First I want to thank Scotty for having Joan and I back. This was Joan's 35th at ISGC. Also thanks for asking me to host the Friday night late show.
I have so many people to thank for helping me with that. First I want to thank my pal Dallas Wayne of SiriusXM's Willies Roadhouse &The Outlaw Channel. When I asked Dallas to do this he didn't hesitate for one second . He paid his own expenses from Austin Texas and wouldn't take a dime of the proceeds. Then there is the wonderful band. My first call was to Bobby Regot as he is one of my favorite drummers and belongs on the ISGC stage. I ask Bobby to bring Justin Branum along to play fiddle and what a delight he was. Then there is my pal Ric Boyer, the solid rock bass player. Ric is always on the money.
Leon Rhodes has been a hero of all of us for years. He has also been a dear friend to Joan and I. What a joy to play with him again. Leon & Ron Williams were great as always and to have my favorite country singer Johnny Bush sing with us just put the icing on the cake. Last but most importantly was having Joan sitting next to me playing together...
Then my Saturday night show went well also. Thanks to Roy, Paul, Ric, Dino & David for playing so great. And thanks to my buddy Frank W. for singing with me. I hope you enjoyed some part of what we did for you this year.
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
Don Lanier

Late night show

Post by Don Lanier »

In my opinion it was a great show, Id like to see these performances moved to an earlier time, its too much great talent to be seen by too little people...These Concert style shows are great fun and let these great musicians showcase THERE favorites and hits etc...I feel if that show were done on Sat evening at about 10 PM a packed house would be the result, gaining attendance and driving people into the hall and seats...Thanks John and Joan and all of you who made this show a wonderful evening...
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

Johnny I can't begin to tell you how good you sounded. The whole group was "cookin" and your bride was right there with you. That's some of the best picking I've ever heard. The singers were great and I enjoyed the entire show more than I can say without getting overly mushy.
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

Johnny. You put ogether a really good show. Enjoyed it so much.
Don Lanier

Johnny Bush

Post by Don Lanier »

I think Johnny Bush sounded better this year then he ever has, he was powerful and solid and with the Late Show band he was damn good...such a great picture of the Legend.....