Smiley & Boomer

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Boomer

Smiley & Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Smiley and I will be playing at The Lighthouse off of Sanders Ferry Rd in Hendersonville, TN for the next few Fridays and Saturdays from 5pm until 8pm. We'd love to see some forum members come out; Great food, cheap drinks, and not so loud music. The band ("BoomeRang!") is rounded out by Steve Hill on bass and Robin Combs on drums. Hope to see some of you out there, Best Regards, Boomer Castleman
Michael Breid

Post by Michael Breid »

Hey Boomer, I wish I lived closer so I could catch your gig. I'll bet it's first class despite the fact that you've got Smiley in the band. Ha. Ha.

Michael in the Ozarks
Bob Martin

Post by Bob Martin »

Hey Boomer, I'll try to drop by one night sounds like a good crew just make sure everyone has their shots due to Smiley being lose in the club :-)I think he bit someone on the last gig he had..........

Big Bob
Hook Moore

Post by Hook Moore »

Boomer, good to see you on the forum, its been a while. Hope you are doing well.
Hook

------------------
www.HookMoore.com
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

Hi Boomer. Glad to see you are still out there. Keep your good eye on Smiley. Jody.
Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

Yo Boomer, it'd sure be great to hear you pick again but I can't make it down there at this time. I hope Smiley don't get jealous cause you've got more pedals than he does.............Jerry

------------------
Don't matter who's in Austin (or anywhere else) Ralph Mooney is still the king!!!

Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

No wonder you don't answer the phone Smiley cause your working...Boy any excuse I guess. Be on the lookout for Tom Ikonen he's heading your way, and he bought another house in Mt. Juliet.

------------------
Smiley 23-9 Crank&pull&push pro model Deluxe with auto voice tuner and string changer.500ft.roll.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Thanks to everyone for all the welcome backs. I've been away for a while and didn't realize Smiley had acquired such a shady past in such a short period of time! We still have a lot in common, though, Smiley and I. I went to Penn State, and he went to State Pen. Image
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

One o' these days,you guys ain't gonna have ol' Smiley to kick around anymore. You better redeem yourselves by comin' down & see us. We start TODAY,(11/18) at 5:00 pm. Y'all better be there!

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com</pre></font>

Bob Martin

Post by Bob Martin »

Hey Smiley, sorry for the crack about the biting incident I know they never convicted you of biting anyone but that little old lady still has bite marks on her big toe from someone and you were found at the bottom of the pile. It sure looked awful suspicious to some of us but anyway what do they say "your innocent until proven guilty". Oh by the way did you ever get that pieced of tonail out from between your front teeth? :-))

Bob
Doyle Huff

Post by Doyle Huff »

Hey Boomer, it's good to see you're still around and kicking. Sure enjoyed you at the Tulsa steel show a few years back.
Doyle Huff
Oklahoma Steel Guitar Assoc
Tony Davis

Post by Tony Davis »

Wish I could make it but there is something i have to watch on TV.
Havent been to this place in Hendersonville........but last year I made it to Sputnicks..and just because I was a mate of Smileys....well I spent the whole evening with Doyle and Jenny Holly..the whole band came and sat with us in their break......made me feel so welcome.......just ços I am a mate of Smileys....................which I Treasure...............no body going to take that away...............just dont tell Smiley please

Tony
Buck Grantham

Post by Buck Grantham »

Hello Smiley and Boomer!!!! I know that gig is gonna be great fun. Wish I could be there to watch you all pick. Have fun
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Smiley & I had a blast. Played some of the old, a few of the new. Smiley was as smooth as ever. Looks like we'll be there for a while with a little different hours: 6-9pm Firdays & Saturdays. Come on out if you can, and let Smiley buy you a dinner!
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

<font size=6>WHAT???</font>

Y'all don't listen to Boomer. He's been stayin' up too late,& gettin' up too early. He needs to get some much needed rest!
Aside from that,it WAS a "blast"!!

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com</pre></font>

Lyle Bradford

Post by Lyle Bradford »

Hey Smiley and Boomer I sure enjoyed your guys playing. Smiley left so much smoke in the room from burning the strings off of that Dekley it was hard to see!!!. Thanks to Bob Knight and Russ Hicks for a wonderful day. Still trying to find out how I got hooked into paying for their dinner tho. Has anyone had any experience with this matter? LOL Had a great time in Nashville this past weekend. Adn Mr. Smiley just played above and beyond what I was hoping to see and hear. Thanks to you Mr.Smiley.
Bob Knight

Post by Bob Knight »

I agree,
Boomer, Smiley, Robin and Steve put on a great show. Go see them!!
<SMALL>Thanks to Bob Knight and Russ Hicks for a wonderful day. Still trying to find out how I got hooked into paying for their dinner tho.</SMALL>
Lyle,
You are too fast with the plastic. That's one of the first things I learned from these Nashville musicians. Image

Regards,
Bob