CCMA 2012 Steel Player Finalists

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Smokey Fennell

CCMA 2012 Steel Player Finalists

Post by Smokey Fennell »

Congratulations to the finalists for Steel Guitar player at this years Canadian Country Music Awards. I feel honored to be included for the first time.

STEEL GUITAR
Jeff Bradshaw (Session)
John Ellis (Ridley Bent/Session)
Smokey Fennell (Danny Hooper/Brett Kissel/Krysta Scoggins)
Doug Johnson (Jason Blaine/Tonya Kennedy/Session)
Ed Ringwald (George Canyon)
Smokey
2 Carter guitars and some Peavey stuff and a Hilton pedal and picks and a bar too
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs... There's also a negative side." -- Hunter S. Thompson
Lynn Fargo

Post by Lynn Fargo »

Congrats, Smokey, and Good Luck!
Sho-Bud Pro II Custom, GFI Ultra SD-10, Fender Pro Amp, Fender Mustang II Amp, Morrell 8-string lap, Epiphone 6-string lap, Galveston reso, etc.
Peewee Charles

Ccma

Post by Peewee Charles »

Thanks Smokey...it is an honor to be in this group of great players...all the best to some class guys, luv ya all.... most don't know me by Ed Ringwald....my nick name was Peewee Charles... www.myspace.com/peeweecharles
Doug Johnson

Post by Doug Johnson »

Hey Smokey, thanks for posting the nominees and good luck to all. Thankfully I can call most of you friends but to those I don't know yet I look forward to meeting you. I see you are playing with Danny Hooper. I saw Danny on my recent tour playing for Gene Watson. He always had great players in his bands. Thanks again Smokey, talk soon.