Jim Loessberg Produces New Bobby G. Rice Album

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Tracy Pitcox

Jim Loessberg Produces New Bobby G. Rice Album

Post by Tracy Pitcox »

Heart of Texas Records is pleased to release “Bobby G. Rice: Down In Texas.” In his first album in a number of years, the Nashville artist flew down to Texas to put a new Texas twist to his music.

Bobby re-recorded his million selling “You Lay So Easy On My Mind” along with his other hits including “Pick Me Up On Your Way Down” and “Mountain Of Love.” Bobby then added a few new songs including “Down In Texas” “That’s Saying A Lot” “It’s Just A Feeling That I Get” “Far Cry From Being Over You” and “Let’s Just Do That.”

Heart of Texas Recording artist Dottsy joins him on “I Think We’re On To Something.” In the song, “Down In Texas” he even mentions “a special lady in Brady” as part of the lyrics!

The musicians include Jake Hooker on bass, Bobby Flores on fiddle and gut string guitar, Justin Trevino on acoustic guitar and harmony vocals, Dave Biller on electric guitar, T. Bonta on piano, Josh Hanlon on celesta, Jim Loessberg on steel guitar and drums and Amber Digby and Randy Lindley on harmony vocals. It was produced for Heart of Texas Records by Jim Loessberg.

In his liner notes, Country Music Hall of Famer Little Jimmy Dickens said “Down In Texas is sure to be another great collection of songs from one of the smoothest voices in Country Music, Bobby G. Rice. Not only am I a fan of Bobby’s but glad to call him a longtime friend. Heart of Texas Records continues to present great artists and their music to Country Music fans worldwide.”

To order, go to www.heartoftexascountry.com or call the Heart of Texas Records office at (325) 597-1895.
Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

Hey Tracey, Bobby's a fine singer for sure. I had the pleasure of pickin' behind him in December of 2010 in Cartersville, Ga. at a big birthday bash along with Leona Williams & Ronnie Stoneman. I think Bobby's also a steel player himself, isn't he?........JH in Va.
Don't matter who's in Austin (or anywhere else) Ralph Mooney is still the king!!!
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Bobby is a Steel Player in fact he is a multi string intrument person..We had him play steel the times he worked with us...Always a gentleman and a real person..and with Bobby what you see is what you get,very approachable..I was a couple of years back going to bring him down to Florida but I suffered a stroke and stopped all the booking activities and music communications..I hope this Album reaches many and brings him back into the spotlight..."You Lay so easy on my mind is a classic",also recorded by many artist such as Andy Williams ,Conway ect...I believe this may be the third time Bobby has recorded it..
Ray Campbell

Post by Ray Campbell »

Back many years ago, long before "You Lay So Easy" Bobby came to our town to do a show. As an DJ at the time I had the pleasure of interviewing him on-air, then as an almost-bass player I got to play in the band that backed him locally. I guess we did OK. He called us a few weeks later and asked us to make a short 1-week tour back in Pennsylvania with him. We did and that's one of the most memorable weeks ever. He is a most pleasant human being and sings really good. I've got to get me one of these new CDs.