David Houston's Almost Persuaded

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Jody David

David Houston's Almost Persuaded

Post by Jody David »

Does anyone have David Houston's Almost Persuaded tabbed out, or know where I can get it?
John Bresler

Post by John Bresler »

I'd recommend David Hartley's version. It's really good and a lot like LLoyd Green played it.

Here's a youtube link and you can get it directly from David.

Here's the youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-8UlcXnrTs

8)
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

I played steel guitar in David Houston's band when he was in the theatre in Branson, Missouri. David Hartley is a GREAT player, I love his posts on You Tube. On this David Houston song David left out the "signature" lick Pete Drake played on the song. Listen to the original and you will hear the simple signature lick Pete Drake played. I know what I am talking about, because David Houston insisted I play that lick like the record. David Houston was one of the nicest singers I ever played for. I miss him, he died when he was 56 of a brain anurism.
John Bresler

Post by John Bresler »

Keith:

You're right. I listened to about 5 different David Houston "almost Persuaded" songs on youtube and you can hear the "signature lick" at about 1:11 - 1:20 in every version.

Shouldn't be hard to figure out, tho. David Hartley's version comes about as close as you're going to get to David Houston's, tho and sounds a lot like LLoyd Green's version. Good song to know.

8)
Jody David

Post by Jody David »

Thanks for all the help guys. I know the signature licks y'all are talking about. When I play I try to get it exactly like the record.