Time Jumpers / Nashville TN / Change Venues JUNE 11th 2012

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Franklin

Time Jumpers / Nashville TN / Change Venues JUNE 11th 2012

Post by Franklin »

Due to growing pains, starting June 11th, 2012 the Time Jumpers will be playing every Monday night at "3rd and Lindsley" bar and grille........

This larger venue provides ample room for our current audience.....This move is exciting for us. 3rd and Lindsley provides an intimate setting for our kind of music while seating all who wish to hear us.

3rd and Lindsley offers great sports bar food, advance online ticket purchases, table side service, and a nice air conditioned venue.

This decision did not come lightly......We are all sad to leave the Station Inn and appreciate them for making Mondays possible.

After their Grammy nominations three years ago the TJ's began turning away too many good folks and now we are at the point where most of our locals don't even bother coming anymore.......When folks starting showing up at 4:30PM for a 9PM show it's time to leave the nest.

Paul Franklin
Fred Thompson

Post by Fred Thompson »

Smart move Paul. After attending the show on the 16th, my wife and I would not have had a seat, but for the kindness of Ranger Doug, who reserved the "Thompson Table". The Time Jumpers play the best music in Nashville, or anywhere else, in my opinion, and deserve to be in a larger venue.
By the way, it was great talking with you, and hope the string situation gets resolved.
Fred
The difference between a musician and a savings bond is eventually the bond will mature and earn money.
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

Sounds like a great decision to me. Too many people are wanting to see the Time Jumpers live. I wish the very best for all of you in the gropu. I jope this move is even more successful.
Ray Campbell

Post by Ray Campbell »

Saw the Time Jumpers again this past Feb and y'all are so right. My pal Billy Arr and I got there really early and barely found seats. Buyt even tho we had poor seatin, we enjoyed every moment of it. I've been telling all my friends up here in MO just how much fun they are and we intend to get back there again befooe the year is over.
Bill Bailey

TJ's

Post by Bill Bailey »

:D Paul, thats a great move, but keep an eye out for an even bigger place, cause it won't be long before you are out doing the GOO! I keep hoping you will be doing a live @ CD.
Bill Bailey
Kingman Arizona
2014 Mullen G2 D 10 8+5 Black
92 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10
Two Nashville 400 Amps and Nashvill 112.
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

Wishing you all well with the move Paul, we will be in town next weekend ( May 7) and we're thinking of coming over to the SI again .

A few weeks back we came to the SI and had to get there at 6pm which was pretty much over the top for us. Had we not run into Joe and Hoot the night before downtown we would have done the typical, arrive at around 7 or 7:30...

We stood in line with what seemed to be cattle , certainly it was not the local appreciative scene in the line and it was worse inside, the level of disrespect by a few who could care less about who they were disturbing during the music sets was troubling. The SI staff did what they could to maintain calm and we were very grateful for that.

Not sure if we can do the 6 pm line to come visit but we will try.

Thanks for the update..

t
Emmons L-II , Fender Telecasters, B-Benders
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
jobless- but not homeless- now retired 8 years

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
Larry Schoppe

Post by Larry Schoppe »

Bill, they recorded "Live at the Station Inn - The Time Jumpers" several years ago. You can find it on their website.
Hook Moore

Post by Hook Moore »

I know thats a great move, congratulations !!
Hook
Bill Bailey

Paul

Post by Bill Bailey »

:D Larry, Thanks, I already have two live at SI albums with John Hughey and Johnny Cox, both are super but no Paul Franklin on either,
Bill
Bill Bailey
Kingman Arizona
2014 Mullen G2 D 10 8+5 Black
92 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10
Two Nashville 400 Amps and Nashvill 112.
Carl Williams

Movin' On Up...

Post by Carl Williams »

Reviewed your new venue's website Paul and ya'll have to be excited for sure! A change of scenery sometimes is a good thing...Good Luck...Carl
p.s. Looks like a decent menu as a plus! :D
Don Lanier

Venue move

Post by Don Lanier »

Good to know as Ive tried several times to take folks to see the TJs and now I can get in and with a group, Great show
Clyde Mattocks

Post by Clyde Mattocks »

While I love the Station Inn, it's great to see the music we love flourish like this.
LeGrande II, Nash. 112, Harlow Dobro
Darrell Owens

Couintry Music

Post by Darrell Owens »

It is good to hear that "Country Music" is still alive and well in Nashville
Zum Steel, Little Walter Amp, Benado Steel Dream
Darrell Owens
www.darrellowens.com
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

The Station Inn has pros and cons. On the plus side, I have been able to sit within 6 feet of John Hughey, Buck Reid, Tommy White and Paul in a venue where the atmosphere has been electric. There are probably few other venues outside of The Broadway in Music City where you could watch this world class band in such intimate concert circumstances. I have got to the Station Inn each time at 4.30pm in order to get a good vantage point of the steel player. Myra, who goes most Mondays, is always there early around the same time.

The downside of the Station Inn is the limited capacity due to fire regulations. This then restricts the commercial viability of the performers especially if their fee is based upon the door takings.

Monday nights at the Station Inn have become legendary, but I look forward to going to the new venue next April. I hope it retains the same vibe and atmosphere of the Station Inn :D
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,