Andy Griffith Theme song....Western Swing Authority

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Peewee Charles

Andy Griffith Theme song....Western Swing Authority

Post by Peewee Charles »

Here's another Youtube clip thanks to a fan..... an instrumental theme version from Andy Griffith Show with my Western Swing family ...I think that was Opie on the steel??....Just got my new Showpro day before & played it at this CCMA showcase for the first time... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1UA2QjV ... re=related
www.thewesternswingauthority.com
Billy Tonnesen

Post by Billy Tonnesen »

The location for Andy and Opie walking down the road is a Canyon with a resevore lake still exists in the Hollywood Hills. I think it's called Franklin Canyon and is open to the public when not used as a Movie Location. It is very close in to the Hollywood suburbs. I enjoyed your take on this old theme somg.
Last edited by Billy Tonnesen on 16 Mar 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonu Timm

Post by Tonu Timm »

What a great steel solo:)
GFI Ultra SD-10, BearCreek Weissenborn, Hermann Baritone Weiss, National Polychrome Tricone, Fender Champ Lapsteel, Quiter Micropro Mach 2 HD, Nashville 112, Zirconia bars, Bob Perry picks...
Peewee Charles

Thanks

Post by Peewee Charles »

Thanks Billy...Great info...I spent a fair bit of time in LA when I toured with Gordon Lightfoot...recorded at Warner Brothers Amigo Studios years ago & played the LA Amphitheatre many times...it was such a beautiful venue...as well, the Hollywood Bowl...Love it down there...thanks for that...will remember it every time we play the theme...All the best...

Thanks Tonu....appreciate the nice remark...we have fun in the Western Swing Authority....never rehearsed..just get up there & give it your best...Take care....
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

PeeWee, that absolutely fantastic. What a band you all got.---Henry
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Tom Stolaski

Post by Tom Stolaski »

This clip reminds me of the version Paul Franklin played at the 1989 ISGC. I was surprised to see that the staff band did not know the tune. It seems that this popular melody would be a no brainer. It was the only noticable mistake that was made the whole set. Yes... these guys are human!
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

I didn't think there was a human alive that didn't know that tune, well, my age anyway. :)
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Peewee Charles

Thanks

Post by Peewee Charles »

Thanks Henry....It is a fun band & not only great players, but the most wondeful people on the planet to be with....Appreciate the kind words...