Mike Johnson & Joanie : Dallas Show

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Snelgrove

Mike Johnson & Joanie : Dallas Show

Post by Bob Snelgrove »

Once again, I have to say thanks to Mike and Joanie for making my first trip to Dallas a memorable one. They are truly the kindest, most gracious people I have ever met, and I have lived a little :)

The jam and Q&A in the Show-Pro room was the hightlight for me and meeting Hank Singer the amazing fiddle player just added to a magic weekend.

Thanks again, Mike & Joanie. I love you guys!

bob
Last edited by Bob Snelgrove on 12 Mar 2012 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Coffman

Post by John Coffman »

Yep super great people.
ShowPro SD10, Mullen RP, Bose S1 Pro, GK MB200, MB500, Bugera T50 Tube amp with SlidgeRig, TC HOF reverb effect.
Mike Kowalik

Post by Mike Kowalik »

I agree with Bob's comments 1000 percent.

The Show-Pro room was the most gracious and friendly experience!!!!
Jerome Hawkes

Post by Jerome Hawkes »

it was a true mark of great musicians to see Mark & Joanie both on stage and especially in the Show-Pro room - i enjoyed how quiet they played, really letting the song & singer stand out.
most of my "gigs" are small un-miked combos like that and i struggle with playing soft enough not to overpower the acoustic instruments - i got a great lesson in that room!
'65 Sho-Bud D-10 Permanent • '54 Fender Dual-8 • Clinesmith T-8 • '38 Ric Bakelite • '92 Emmons D-10 Legrande II
John Hopkin

Post by John Hopkin »

what bob said...
...honk if you've never seen an uzi fired out of a car window...

Mullen RP, MSA, Sho-Bud Pro II, Yamaha keyboards, MalletKat vibes
Mike Eisler

Post by Mike Eisler »

This post is for any steel player who has never attended the TSGA convention held in March. You will see numerous letters saying how gracious everyone was and you might wonder if this is an exaggeration of the truth seeing as how we live in a politically correct era. I can assure you it is no exaggeration. It's a great group of folks from the attendees all the way through the playing professionals. Where else can you sit a few feet away from your favorite steel player and get to watch and listen to such incredible playing. It's inspiring.

Mike Eisler
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

For a guy fighting the nerves Mike did a fantastic job. And his wife Joanie done a great job as usual.
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

"For a guy fighting the nerves Mike did a fantastic job. And his wife Joanie done a great job as usual."
:) :) :D

I think you could tell from my introduction of Mike and Joannie that they are at the top of my favorite's list.

Bill