New Earth Drive pedal - warm distortion solution

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ken Tizzard

New Earth Drive pedal - warm distortion solution

Post by Ken Tizzard »

Just wanted to mention that I picked up a new pedal from my buddy Al (Steel Guitars Canada) last week. It is the Sarno Earth Drive pedal. Being a bass player for many years I always got frustrated by the lack of good overdrive pedals that did not suck out all the low end. Now that I am in tune with this common problem, I have experienced this with many guitar distortions on steel guitar. I have been using the old Boss TS 10 and have had moderate luck, a bit nasty at times in the low mids. Adding the Earth Drive as my primary overdrive and using the TS10 for solos is proving to be a great solution...

cheers
stay well and love what you play...
MSA 12-String The Universal
Supersustain II
http://www.kentizzard.com
Geoff Queen

Post by Geoff Queen »

I ordered mine this weekend, can't wait to try it out.
Mitch Adelman

Post by Mitch Adelman »

It sounds fantastic for slide guitar as well. Really nails that Lindley sound. The pedal isn't overly hot so you can crank it without being too loud and get that fat overdrive. Got two on my board,believe it or not, because its so great on my steel! I've tried and own many other popular overdrives for slide guitar but I like the Earthdrive best!
Tom Wolverton

Post by Tom Wolverton »

I've been gigging my ED for almost a year now with my lap steel. I have been very satisfied with it.
To write with a broken pencil is pointless.