Pretty cheap single neck Stringmaster

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Hugh Holstein

Pretty cheap single neck Stringmaster

Post by Hugh Holstein »

Not to gloat but I picked this up off the "bay", seemed to be a good buy so I bit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200681775760?ss ... 1497.l2649

My wife says I'm truly nuts, which I am I guess, about Fender steel guitars. :eek:
Gene Warner

Post by Gene Warner »

Looks to me like you made a really good buy! Congrat's! I spent considerably more per neck on my double neck.
Gene Warner
repairman
Jeremy Steele

Post by Jeremy Steele »

I saw that and had to tie my fingers to the mast to keep from bidding on it...great score!
David Robey

Post by David Robey »

I saw that one too. Obviously from a multineck model.
Did they include the diamonds to cover the rod holes
on the side?

I thought it was going to go for a bit more so I
didn't bother. Glad I didn't knowing a forum member
got a good deal.

Congrats!
Hugh Holstein

Post by Hugh Holstein »

I was positive that everyone here had seen it, heck it's probably a forum member who sold it.
I cant tell for sure if it has diamonds, not really worried about it, it has what appears to be a bridge as a nut, so I need a nut or make one.
I'm contemplating filling the third leg socket that I put in my other orphaned neck and make it a double. (I have a full set of diamonds for that, as well as an extra two button switch-bridge plate)
Leroy Falconi

tunning

Post by Leroy Falconi »

what tuning are you going to use

i just picked up a double neck for 600 - thought that was a good deal - i'm new and learning -going to tune to E6th and B13 - any comments are welcome -need advice on buying a moderate priced tuner
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

That was Billy Gilbert's guitar. Probably from a triple neck. How thick is the body?
Hugh Holstein

Post by Hugh Holstein »

I don't have it in hand right now, but from the looks of the side cuts (they are the same depth) and the fact that it has leg sockets leads me to believe it is the inboard neck which are the same on all Stringmasters (1-7/8").

Tracking says it will be here tomorrow, I'll know for sure then.

I've been kinda stuck of E7th for the most part, I need to get all my projects done so I can have various tunings available at all times, my deluxe 8 holds tune so well, I hate messing with it.
Billy Gilbert

Stringmaster

Post by Billy Gilbert »

Yup, that was my guitar. I was disappointed at the price but I needed to get rid of some surplus. I had bought a bunch of parts to build a double neck but couldn't find another neck so i gave up and sold the parts. I just built a little keyless 22.5" scale guitar that is almost a foot shorted and weighs about half as much so that is what I use now.
Hugh Holstein

Post by Hugh Holstein »

Thanks Billy, on the doorstep this morning, nice player, Im not used to the nut width, but that isn't something I cant handle, It will be finished walnut and joined to 56 outboard neck to make a push-button D8.

I cannot say enough on how happy I am.

Thank you.

Donation made.