Fender 1000

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Cartwright Thompson

Fender 1000

Post by Cartwright Thompson »

A friend of mine sent me this link:
http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/msg/2577957738.html
I have no connection with the seller, just thought it looked like a good deal so I thopught I'd pass it on.
Randall Wizek

I'm no expert but...

Post by Randall Wizek »

If you've ever heard the expression: If it sounds too good to be true it probably is....I think it really applies here. The year of this instrument alone in collector value makes the 800.00 suspect.
Again, I'm no expert. I thought my 70's sho-bud should've been more valuable than it is so maybe this is a normal price, but 59-60? Seems low! Pedal steel experts-enlighten me if I'm heading down the wrong path. :?:
steve takacs

Many other reasons for cheap Fender sale

Post by steve takacs »

Randall, the seller might need the cash from a quick sale for something else or might not know the value of the instrument. The state of the economy could play a part. He also may be a guy who has started but has given up playing pedal steel. Could be a number of reasons in addition to the one you mention.
It is certainly worth checking out for someone in the Framingham area. Thanks Carty for posting it. stevet
Cartwright Thompson

I'll bet it's legit. I've seen plenty of similar clean Fenders go for about the same money. Pedal steel guitars, especially Fenders, are rarely the objects of scams, they're just too much of a pain in the butt to deal with. If I had some spare cash, I'd drive two hours to check it out... but I don't so who cares?
Dave Yustin

Fender

Post by Dave Yustin »

I haven't seen Clutch Cargo in 40 years.
Stephen Dorocke

Post by Stephen Dorocke »

How's Paddlefoot doin'?
Cartwright Thompson

I always liked Swampy