Stardust By Harold Fogle

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Roger Shackelton

Stardust By Harold Fogle

Post by Roger Shackelton »

Here's Harold Fogle playing A jazzy version of STARDUST
I remember Harold as being a joker. One time at the ISGC he ended a tune by playing "Pop Goes The Weasel" :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcFsOggt ... re=related
robert kramer

Post by robert kramer »

Hats off to Harold Fogle!

Here’s he is in action at the Opry with Stonewall’s Minutemen Band: Stonewall Jr. drums, Bobby Rich – Bass, Larry Tucker - guitar and David Russell – fiddle. Plus - from the staff band: Jerry Whitehurst – piano, Leon Rhodes – tic tac and Ralph Davis – rhythm guitar with Acuff hosting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6wxfA_abPk

On show dates, Harold would walk out in front of the curtain before the show and do 15 minutes of comedy. On the road, he had a knack of getting invited into people’s homes for a home cooked meal. Sometimes in the middle of his steel ride he would go into “Popeye the Sailor Man.” He had many fans around the country. Unfortunately, Harold suffered an accident and was forced to retire. For many years, after he was off the band, people would come up to the stage and ask: “Where’s Harold?”
Last edited by robert kramer on 21 Aug 2011 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Bates

Post by Danny Bates »

That's the first time I've heard Harold play. Man what a picker he was! 8)

I bought that brown '69 Emmons push/pull from Harold's widow with some help from Johnny Cox. I sure loved that guitar. I traded it to Bill Simmons. and then I heard Randy Gilliam snagged it. I think it's now owned by Dave Biller down in Texas. What a great axe it was. I remember it had E-66 pickups in it and could sing like a bird.

Many thanks to Robert and Roger for posting these.
Micky Byrne

Re: Stardust By Harold Fogle

Post by Micky Byrne »

I had the pleasure of seeing Harold play many years ago in a small suburb of London called Willesden. There was a club there called "The mean fiddler" and Harold was part of Jimmy C Newman's Cajun band. Real nice guy to talk to. He was playing a Marrs D-10 (Duane Marrs)... It was a small club and in one number he did the trick that Emmons does by rotating the bar while he's playing. Great great player.

Micky Byrne U.K.
Bob Hempker

Post by Bob Hempker »

Harold was a dear friend for many, many years. I think of him often. He is dearly missed my many of us.
Bob Hempker
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

I use to listen to Harold play when i was 12 years old, every Sat. night on the WMNI country cavelcade (Spelling) out of columbus ohio, he was playing a marlin guitar at that time.. and i would try to play everything he played ,the next morning after hearing him on the radio the night before... he never knew it, but he was a big part of my steel guitar learning !
MS.
John L. Farrell

Post by John L. Farrell »

This was great. Thanks for posting.

John