Thank You Branson, MO.

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Dana Stewart

Thank You Branson, MO.

Post by Dana Stewart »

Home from another great show in Branson. The Branson club did a wonderful job and pulled off a smooth show. We want to thank them for letting Austin be a part of their show. It was so fun getting to see everyone again. Thanks to Charlie and Rosemary for all their hard work. We had a great time.

Randy & Dana
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

Its just hard to say which part of the show was the best as it was all very good. To me, the icing on the cake was seeing Leona Williams. That lady has class and sings country like its supposed to be sung. All the players were great and the back-up band knew how to make you sound good. Thanks to all the ladies for the good food and special thanks to Charlie and Jerry & Venda for all their hard work. All in all, its was one of the best shows there is. Thanks Terry for inviting me this year. See you all the first weekend in October. Ray Qualls
P.S. Met Lefty Schrage and his sons. What a great family.
Ray Qualls
Member(KSGA)
Inducted into KSGA
Steel Guitar Hall of Fame 2008
Dave Flanagan

super jam

Post by Dave Flanagan »

It's 4:00 monday affternoon and just got home from the Branson show. My wife and I had a great time and got to meet so many nice people. Thanks to all who put this together, it was so much fun and I hope to see all of you at the Mt. Vernon, Il. show in April of 2012. Again thank you all :D
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

I'll add my 2 cents worth as well. It was really a Super show, all 3 days was just full of great Steel Guitar music, and was So proud to be a part of it.
Thanks to everyone who came, the Ozark Steel club really appreciate everyone. Larry Baker & Jean DeVore
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

Jerry and I got home about 11am. We had a great time and want to thank Terry for letting us be a part of the show. Thanks to Rosemary and Charlie for all their HARD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Charlie was in high gear all weekend. Don't know how he held up. Thanks Jerry and Venda for a wonderful church service. Hope Jerry is feeling better soon. Thanks for all the help we had in the kitchen. See some of you in KC next weekend.

Donna
Ron Frederiksen

Post by Ron Frederiksen »

Linda and I had a great time at the Branson show. Thank you Terry and the Ozark steel guitar club for allowing me to play this show. There were some mighty fine steelers there. We had to leave early to get back home but really enjoyed the time we did get to spend there. Got to see some old friends and made some new ones also. Was good to meet Joe Wtight and even the help he gave me in Freds room., (thanks Fred) Hope we can do it again sometime. There were some some good taco's Friday night, thanks to all who worked so hard to make this such a good time and fellowship. Jerry H. hope you are feeling better. Ron
Charlie Steichen

Post by Charlie Steichen »

Thanks to everyone who played or attended the show. It could not be held without you. The music was outstanding and what about those band members each day. Of course none of it would have sounded so good without Buddy and his PA system. Rosemary and I really appreciate all of the help everyone gave us to make this a successful show. We do have an amp stand that was left behind on Friday. I really like it. If you are missing one let us know. Thanks to everyone who brought food and drinks and a special thanks to Randy for cooking all the hamburgers and hot dogs and to Dana and Donna for making sure he did it right and didn't get to hot. Pat and John did a wonderful job on the program book. The church service by Venda and Jerry was very impressive. But most of all Thanks to God for getting everyone here and home safely.
Buck Grantham

Great show ,,Great time !!!!!!!!!

Post by Buck Grantham »

Mitzi and I always have a great time at the Branson show and this one was one of the best ones yet. Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make it work and thank Terry and the whole club for having us. We thank every one there for being so nice to us and we thank the Lord for giving us the best friends in the whole world . Love, Buck & Mitzi Grantham
Music to light up your life
Michael McGee

Post by Michael McGee »

My thanks to Terry, Charlie, Rosemary, Jerry, and Venda for their hard work to provide such a wonderful time for all of us. As Buck said, I'm so thankful to be among the finest people in the world at these shows.

Jerry and Venda, what a special church service. You are such blessing to me.

Thanks to David, Wayne, Adam, Rick, and Roy. Just incredible talent.

Special thanks to my buddies Max King and Dan McMasters for helping me play a note or two.

And to the people who worked hard to feed us, the food was wonderful. Randy Stewart, you had a HOT job - you are the best!
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

I'm still on the road but just wanted to say thank you for inviting me to play this show again.
Thanks to ALL that worked so hard to make this show a success.
A special thank you to all who played my Justice Guitars and bought products. And thanks to the Band!!
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

My sons and I want to thank Terry and the OSGA for inviting us to be a part of the Branson steel show this year...we had a great time and enjoyed listening to (and visiting with) steel players, other musicians, and members of the association. We echo previous posts recognizing the highly competent house band that provided such great support to each steel player. Lana Rosselli did a fine job of emceeing both days we were there...she shares lots of knowledge about the steel guitar community and kept things moving nicely.
Enjoyed the outstanding hospitality provided by Jerry and Venda, John and Pat, and, in fact, everyone we talked with--such a great welcoming atmosphere! And what a wonderful church service...it was very special for us. The food was super, and thx to all who put in the time and effort preparing it.
While introducing myself to one individual and mentioning I lived in Northeast Iowa, he said, "yup, you people all talk funny up there". We both had a great laugh. You know, maybe we do talk funny. ;-)
P.S. Thx for your nice comment Ray Qualls...enjoyed visiting with you.
Norma Jean Lucas

Post by Norma Jean Lucas »

My sister and I really enjoyed the show this year. I think it was the best one yet! Thank you for all the hard work that goes in to putting the show on. The food and music were great. We were sorry we couldn't stay for the church service Sunday as Jerry and Venda really make a show complete by sharing God's Word. Dalton, I was so proud of you, what a voice!
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

What a great show. All of the players brought their "A" game and were fast off the starting line. What a pleasure it was to work with all these great players. All of the players in the staff band were super talented and a pleasure to work with.
Thanks to Terry, Charlie and all of the Ozark S.G.A. for inviting me to be a member of this awsome staff band and letting me do my small part and also for treating Barbara so nice.
Last, but certainly not least, my hero's Venda and Jerry Hanley had a most inspiring church service and I would say that if any of you ever get the chance to see one of their services do yourself a favor and do so.
We both are looking forward to next year, thanks again.
...Roy and Barbara
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy
Mike Sweeney

Thanks From The Sweeneys

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Teresa and I would like to thank Terry and the OSGA for having us at the show this year. It was great to visit with our steel guitar friends and family. As mentioned in previous posts, the back up band and other players were great! The highlight of the weekend for me was getting to back up Leona again and getting to see and play with our old friend, Larry Nutter! What a treat! Thanks again to everyone involved.
Zumsteel steel guitars, Telonics and Peavey amplifiers, GHS strings.
Jeremiah Hanley

Post by Jeremiah Hanley »

This has been so exciting reading all the posts about the great Super Event in Branson! In case you wonder why I've been so silent, when we got home Sunday evening we found our phones weren't working and the computer was dead. I found out we had been struck by lightning. The house was fine, just the phones and the computer were hit! It still isn't resolved, but Charlie and Rosemary are here with their laptop, so I wanted to say how I appreciate everyone making this such a great success! We love you all! Thank you, thank you, all of you that drove so far. Bless your hearts!
Jerry and Venda
Dana Stewart

Post by Dana Stewart »

Jerry and Venda, glad your home and you are both ok. Hope your phones and computers are up and running soon. We so enjoyed getting to be in your church service this past weekend. Love you both.

Dana
Leland Ogle

Post by Leland Ogle »

I really enjoyed the show. I saw alot of old freinds and made some new ones.
A message to Roy. When you caught me with my eyes closed, they were just tired of seein.
Lee
Bill Myrick

Post by Bill Myrick »

Oh ---I thought you were having a moment of meditation --- :lol:
Chad Jones

Post by Chad Jones »

I had an awesome time as well..I left with a stomach ache though...Joe Wright is a HOOT! Had me laughing most of the time. Definately need to bring the Wright Brothers back! Hearing Austin's Bro sing was AWESOME..I about had me church with him and the band playing!

GOOD JOB EVERYONE!
Chad Jones

Steelin The Show Radio Program
www.heartlandradionetwork.com
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

Lee, what were your eyes tired of seein ??? ;-) :) . Spose this will continue in Baxter Springs :P. Maybe not, but if I were you I'd keep and eye out because Mitzi won't be there to save you.
...Roy
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy
Stuart Legg

Post by Stuart Legg »

I enjoyed talking to all the lovely ladies, was somebody playing steel guitar?
Jeremiah Hanley

Post by Jeremiah Hanley »

Hello, world!! :D :D We just now got our shiny, new computer connected and turned on. The lightning had ruined the mother board! We sorta kept up on the happenings on the forum from our sweet, youngest daughter. We would call her each evening and she would read the new postings. We hope your calendars are already marked for next year! Thanks again to all of YOU for making this a SUPER SHOW!!!
Jerry and Venda