What are you using with the MB200

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Danny Letz

What are you using with the MB200

Post by Danny Letz »

What are you using with your MB 200.I have a MB 200 on backorder and an Eminence neo speaker on the way. I'm trying to stay light, small and easy to set up. What are you using for reverb. I'm not interested in rack mount units. I have a Boss 63 Fender reverb pedal. I bought it for shakey bandstands and haven't used it alot, but was not completely satisfied with that sound. I have a Black Box and a DD-3. Interested in mono only.
Brett Lanier

Post by Brett Lanier »

The "Wet" reverb pedal sounds real good.
http://www.neunabertechnology.com/wet-reverb

Also, the old Holy Grail by electro harmonix(can't speak for the newer ones) and the digitech rv7 are all good sounding small stombox reverbs.
Steve English

Post by Steve English »

RP-150 or 155
Tom Wolverton

Post by Tom Wolverton »

Wet reverb.
To write with a broken pencil is pointless.
Tim Marcus

Post by Tim Marcus »

Brett Lanier wrote: the old Holy Grail by electro harmonix(can't speak for the newer ones)
the new "Nano" version is much better than the original, in my opinion. The old ones were noisy, and had a really weird form factor. The new ones are small, quiet, and use a more traditional 9V power inlet. Probably the best bang for the buck - and its a good idea to keep one in the steel seat in case the reverb in your amp quits on you.
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

What Steve said! RP155 is a great multi-effects unit that fits in the pac-a-seat and light as a feather.
Fred Thompson

Post by Fred Thompson »

A Boss RV-3 works just fine, sitting on a bracket on the right rear leg of the steel, fasten the MB-200 to the right side of your seat, and you can control everything from the cockpit. 8) Don't get any lighter :wink:
The difference between a musician and a savings bond is eventually the bond will mature and earn money.
Steve Hotra

Post by Steve Hotra »

I am using the TC Hall of Fame Reverb with my MB200.
Guitars: Rittenberry SD S-10, Gretsch Black Falcon. Effects: Wampler Paisley, Strymon Timeline, Sarno Earth Drive.
Fractal FM9
Amps: Mesa Express 5:25, Jazzkat Tomkat & Boss Katana head / various cabs.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I'm using a POD XT (for effects only).

With an Eminence EPS 15C speaker.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Garry Simpson

Post by Garry Simpson »

Rp155 and a 15" sica.
Carter S10-DB w/E66, Black Box, Hilton, Digitech RP155, Nashville 112 w/burr brown, Nashville 400, George L cables, Steelseat.com, 68 telecaster, Peavey Special 130
Danny Letz

Post by Danny Letz »

For some reason I'm kinda drawn to the Digitech Hardwired RV 7 or maybe the Holy Grail Nano. Anyone have a problem with either of those. I noticed the Nano only has one or two reverbs. I really only use reverb and delay. I already have the dalay. I don't really need the multieffects units. I like the ones with knobs and the fewer the better.