Yes R.i.p.jack Kondora

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Joe Jones

Yes R.i.p.jack Kondora

Post by Joe Jones »

I LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES FROM JACK WENT TO VISIT OFTEN & ASK HIM ABOUT THE GOOD-OLD DAYS. HE WAS A FINE STEEL PLAYER AND WOULD TAKE TIME TO SHOW ANYTHING HE KNEW ABOUT THE STEEL GUITAR.I WILL MISS OUR VISITS AN CONVERSATIONS.
Roger Osbourn

Post by Roger Osbourn »

This news makes me very sad.Tim McCutchen introduced Jack to me at Joe's show in Harrison Arkansas over ten years ago.Jack became a precious friend to me,always having a word of encouragement for me at our conventions in Siloam Springs.He came over and played for us at the last convention that I was president of the SSSGC (2006).He met up with my buddy,Larry Gates.Both Larry and Jack played for Bobby Helms and it was a treat to listen to them sharing their memories with each other.That's what I like most about conventions.Meeting folks that have been there,done that and all their experiences.I've sat and listen to stories from Tom Brumley,Joe Wright,Jack Musgrave,Keith Hilton,Mac Carger and the list goes on and on.Their stories are treasures to share.Conventions are all about friendships to me. The music is secondary in my mind.I'll sure miss seeing Jack at the shows.He was a true gentle-man and I sure loved being in his presence.
Roger Osbourn
The greatest gift a father can give his children is to love their mother.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work,(Thomas Edison).
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limits.
ESnow

Jack

Post by ESnow »

I really hate to hear this, Jack and I sent emails back and forth all the time. I got the last one I sent to him returned May 31st, address unknown. I just assumed he was getting a new email address had no idea he had passed away. RIP Jack you will be missed....