violin make offer

Guitars, fiddles, banjos, keyboards, clarinets, bagpipes, etc.
Robert Mayo

violin make offer

Post by Robert Mayo »

violin for sale with an extra neck, no tuning pegs,no bridge,no strings, I know nothing about Violin / fiddles ,but here is what I know about this one...No name or label, Brazilian finger board ,flamed back,looks like spruce top.14.5 body ,81/4 lower bout,63/4 upper bout,4.5 waist,4.5 neck length,9 1/4 length nek overall,1 inch wide nut,1 5/8 fingerboard,101/4 fingerboad length overall.1 inch headstock width,
That about sums up all I can tell you.Make a reasonable offer AN EXTRA IS neck included.

TRADES ?
EXTRA NECK ALSO INCLUDED
Last edited by Robert Mayo on 26 Apr 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Spears

Measurements

Post by Ron Spears »

There are several great violin shops in GA. you could take this to and determine the value. Is the 14 1/2 measurement the body only or did you include the neck heel in that? Body by itself should be real close to 14. Most likely an early student model. Ebony is used for fingerboards on higher models. IMHO the cost to have a professional set it up (cut bridge and sound post, strings etc.)is probably more than the fiddle is worth.

Might be worth something to someone who is an amateur repair person in need of a new patient.
Robert Mayo

Post by Robert Mayo »

Actually this fiddle came with several others dating from the early 1900's through the 1940's ...I was going to keep it as I liked the woods and fretboard, but I don't play fiddle /violin so I want to sell or TRADE...
Robert Mayo

please close

Post by Robert Mayo »

please close traded away fiddle....