Clayton North Carolina Steel Guitar Jam 9/24

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Sam White

Clayton North Carolina Steel Guitar Jam 9/24

Post by Sam White »

We will be having another Steel Guitar Jam at the Gold-N-Pawn in Clayton North Carolina on September 24TH.It will be from 12:00 Noon til what ever time everyone has had got played out.. This time we will play with tracks for the first hour or so and then we will go with the bands.I;m sorry we did not get to do tracks the first time but we will this time for sure.We had a good time the Steel Guitar Jam we had last September and it will be better this time.There is room for about 12 to 15 Steel players.If you have any Questions E-Mail me or call 1 919-385-2585

Directions
The Gold-N-Pawn is located at10278 70 HWY.West Buisness in Clayton N.C.

If you are coming West on I-40 you get off at Exit 312 and go right at end of Exit go East to 70 HWY East and it will be just after the Second Traffic light on your left.

If you are going west on 70 HWY from Smithfeild Exit off I-95 when you get to where Sr42 connects with 70 Buisness it will be on your right about 1/2 to 3/4 mile on your right.

Coming from the west on I-40 take Exi278 that is SR 55 .Follow SR 55 all the way to Fuquay Varina and you will pick up SR 42 on your left after you go to the right across from the Sheetz gas station on SR 55.follow Sr 42 all the way to 70 HWY then follow about 1/2 mile to the Gold-N-Pawn on your left.

Also there are Motels in the area.
Sam White
Last edited by Sam White on 1 May 2011 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Sam White

Sam

Post by Sam White »

Bump
Sam White
Last edited by Sam White on 26 Mar 2011 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Jerome Hawkes

Post by Jerome Hawkes »

i'd attend - as long as its not toward the end of May.
been a while since we had anything on this side of the state.
'65 Sho-Bud D-10 Permanent • '54 Fender Dual-8 • Clinesmith T-8 • '38 Ric Bakelite • '92 Emmons D-10 Legrande II
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Jerome I guess we are safe for you to make it as it will be September 24TH. Hope you can make it.We had a good time last time.
Sam White
Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

Sam puts on a great jam where all players who want to play can play. Plenty of places to eat within a block or two so you won't go hungry. See ya'll there

Ray Walker
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Thanks Ray for the kind words.Yes we had a great time the last one.Hope we do it as good if not better.
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Bump it up.
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Time to bump it up and hope we can get some more of you boys to come and Jam with us it is a good time and good fellowship. Come and meet some of the steel players you have not seen or heard.Ray Walker is coming and you are in for a treat with him playing he does a super Job of playing.Hey MR.Joe Sapp we would love to have you come on down and join us. You have a place to stay down here you know that.

Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Time to bump her up. September will be here before you know it so lets hear from you guys who are going to try to make it. George asked me last night how many have I heard from and I told him about 6 to 7 right now.So lets try to get it together so we know what to do.Guys that were coming to the last one never showed up and I have not heard from them. We had a great Jam with 9 steel players and a keyboard player with about three make up bands.
Sam White
Ricky Hagan

Post by Ricky Hagan »

Sam,
I'm gonna try to make it this time.I really look forward to seeing Ray and the guys again.Take Care
Ricky
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hey Ricky that will be great and it will be nice to see you again. It has been a long time since I have seen you.We will be happy to have you aboard.We have a great time and lots of fun.
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Lets get a good bunch of Steel Players like we had the last time.Good friends and great Steel Guitar.
sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Time for another Bump.Need a few more Steel players.I know gasoline is high but we manage and we are on a fixed income Social Security is all we get now.I have 8 Steel Players as of now.
Sam White
Ray Thomas

Post by Ray Thomas »

Sam, will make it if possible, enjoyed the last one.
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi Ray I have you down and we have to get Glenn Lanning to come.We will have a better time this next Jam. We will be playing with tracks for the first part of the Jam then we will go with the Band and if guys want to go back to tracks that we can do that.
Ben Godard

Post by Ben Godard »

I wouldn't mind going to this myself. I don't live too far away from Clayton. If nothing comes up, I will try to be there myself.

Is good ole Clyde Mattocks from Kinston gonna be there. He's a goodun.
Glen E. Lanning

Post by Glen E. Lanning »

I put the date on my calendar - that is pretty far ahead to be absoulty sure of no conflict. Will keep you informed, but put my name in the hat!
Past Secretary/President, MASGA
Mullen U12 (2004)
ShoBud Professional (1970)D10 8/4
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Starting to look good we have 10 Steel Players so far.There is room for a few more so don't be bashful come on and join us and have some fun and meet new Friends.This is what it is all about good friendship.
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Bump her up
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Looks like we are going to have another great Steel Guitar Jam at the Gold N Pawn in Clayton N.C..I have 11 Steel players and we have room for a few more so if you want to have a good time and meet new and old friends come on the the Clayton Steel Guitar Jam.List of Players so far are.

1 Ray Walker - Smithfield, N.C.
2 Ricky Hagan - Elm City, N.C.
3 Jerome Hawkes - Fayetteville, N.C.
4 Dan Griffin - Smithfield, N.C.
5 George Williamson - Raleigh, N.C.
6 Billy- BJ. N.C.
7 Ray Thomas - Goldsboro, N.C.
8 Glenn Lanning -LaGrange, N.C.
9 Gary Demers - Raleigh, N.C.
10 Ben Godard - Jamesville, N.C.
11 Chuck Snider -Roxboro, N.C.
12 Jerry Hayes Virginia Beach, VA.???
13 Mike Archer - Mount Carmel, TN.???/
14 Allen Howington - Lillington, N.C.
15 Dave Nugent - Gum Spring, VA.
16 Jimmy Underwood - N.C.
17 Joe Sapp - Fayetteville, PA.
18 Rick Worley - Smithfield N.C.
19 Paul Norman -
20 Sam White - Willow Spring, N.C.
Last edited by Sam White on 8 Sep 2011 5:43 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Ray Thomas

Post by Ray Thomas »

Sam, are you still going to have the gig in Clayton in Sept.???
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

The Steel Guitar Jam is still on in Clayton even if I did sell my Steel .I have not sold it and I put selling the Steel on hold to see if I can get to play it better and get some help.
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

If you might be interested in Playing at this Jam let me know so I can get things together.We have 11 and have room for a few more.WE have 11 right now and it would be nice to get about 4 to 6 more.Hope to see you there.This could lead into more often.I just do not want to book when something else close by has some thing going on.I like to go to the others also.
Sam White
Chuck Snider

Post by Chuck Snider »

Sam I would like to attend this jam. I have our house up for sale, which if it sells could affect me attending, but I will let you know if that happens.

-Chuck
GFI U-12 Ultra Keyless, Carter Black U-12, both with Alumitones, and a sweet '70 Sho-Bud Permanent D-10, NV400 in Rick Johnson cabs, NV112, '73 Vibrosonic in Rick Johnson cabs, Hilton pedal, Steeler's Choice seat, Bessdang Gizmos from Dale Hansen, and a few other widgets and doodads.
I may not sound good, I just don't wanna sound bad.
Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

Sam, how far is that from my area (Norfolk, Va. Beach)?.........JH in Va.
Don't matter who's in Austin (or anywhere else) Ralph Mooney is still the king!!!